Previews of Hearts of Stone

+
Previews of Hearts of Stone

A french website got hands on HoS, for 3 hours.
Screenshots here (spoilers, maybe).
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/444398/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-hearts-of-stone.htm

To sum it up:
- There will be an option in the title screen to play the DLC (you will have to give Geralt 40 talent points and you'll get an armor for level 30) if you don't have a level 30 character
- You will enable the quest by going in a tavern
- More cutscenes than before (according to the reviewer)
- There are also new secondary quests, but those quests are "scenarized"
- A lot of "bosses fight" with new tactical approach required
Mild spoilers ahead
- You will start the DLC by killing a creature in Oxenfurt
- A new zone in the North of Novigrad will be open

Gameplay video, thanks to Medi89:
Looks freaking amazing :D ... finally some more nice boss battles

Last edited:
Thank you for all information, I'd be really interested if there will be more skill slots (more than 12) for the new expansion.

Only 14 days left, I can't wait!

Interesting that when you go to screenshot page it says Blood And Wine.
Also I noticed we will have additional 2 pocket to the other 2 we already have.

Last edited:
How will i be able to start NG+ if i have to select HoS ?? Would expansion already be linked to a start of new game ?

Like for example do a bit of both main quest and HoS at the same time? Is it possible?

Last edited:
Not to anybody's knowledge. They are probably saving Iorveth for Blood and Wine.

I would like to share your optimism but I don't see why Iorveth/Saskia should be in Toussaint.
Considering Hearts of Stone takes place around Oxenfurt/Novigrad and there are several Scoia'tael camps there+ non-human pogroms , it would have made more sense for Iorveth to appear in this dlc. Seems Shani will be the main(only?) returning character. Guess only if an npc is romancable it's worth to bring him back.
Looking forward to Fringilla as the main npc in Blood and Wine.....

How will i be able to start NG+ if i have to select HoS ?? Would expansion already be linked to a start of new game ?

Like for example do a bit of both main quest and HoS at the same time? Is it possible?

HoS will be a level 30 quest. You do not need to start a new game or use New Game + to play HoS.

It's up to you whether you mix up HoS and the main quests/other base game quests as you play.

The stuff being talked up in the reviews, and the game play looks amazing. Is there a new finishi9ng move or two?

Geralt sneaking, dancing and being happy?
Very up for that. Love that I can play it standalone too; means I can just pretend I never ended the game with lonely Geralt standing in Kaer Morhen wondering where his drinking buddies went...

@cyberpunkforever
Yeah sorry, couldn't think of a good word. The story of those quests will be as developed as it was in the main game, or sometimes more. The reviewer was surprised by the number of cutscenes. He also praised the writing.
As for the screenshots being labelled in "Blood and Wine", it's an error.

Sounds very good, Some new features,interesting quests with some challenging battles :like:
What else do we need ? :D

I would like to know what the sad part will be..... :huh:
Always the impatience...

Top Bottom