Previously non-hostile area becomes hostile upon reloading a save on PC

+
This is a REALLY serious bug.

I am doing the sneak-based thievery missions, and today I noticed that if I have to reload a save, the area is automatically hostile with enemies actively looking for me even if I have successfully sneaked to the point where I saved. Going back to earlier saves in the area produces the same result. I can't complete these missions properly.

What do I need to attach here to make this bug report?

msxyz

Forum regular
Sneak is also glitchy. I've received countless times the message "Body detected. Enemies on alert" even when there is no body around to be seen (all stuffed into freezers or dumps). What you describe happened to me as well a couple of times, but usually a new reload solved the issue.

Try waiting a few minutes in a safe spot and see if the enemies will go back to their idle state. Worse comes to worse, dispose of them stealthy with takedowns/hacks, if you don't have any high damage silenced weapon or a high skill with blades.

PS: takedowns or non letal hacks do not count as 'failure' for these missions neither do enemies searching but not entering combat mode. In fact I always clear any area of enemies to be able to loot it thoroughly and to hack terminals. Don't worry if neutral NPCs will cover or run away. Hostiles don't seem to react to them.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately for me, reloading does not help. In fact, reloading is what starts the problem in the first place.

I can sneak successfully, hide bodies undetected, and still be hidden, with all cameras on Friendly mode, but if I reload for any reason, I've automatically been detected and the area is now in combat mode. It doesn't matter how many saves I make in safe spots, either. As SOON as I reload ANY save in the area (usually because I want to re-do a breach protocol), everyone in the area is in combat mode, actively searching for me.

I've exited the game numerous times but that doesn't help, either.

This bug started a few days ago and it has plagued every single sneak-oriented mission since then.

If this persists I'll copy my game saves and uninstall/re-install the game to see if that helps.

This is a real shame, because I've been enjoying the game immensely and have been defending it to naysayers. I guess it really is broken in places.

EDIT: I should add that I am able to complete the missions using the Memory Wipe and Reset hacks. But it really spoils the immersion of the Sneak missions for me, which I want to do undetected.

Patch 1.31, the bug still here at least on a mission "Gimme Danger" right after you sneak into the Arasaka Industrial Park and if you killed at least one guard, any save loading will make enemies around hostile no matter what.

Patch 1.31, the bug still here at least on a mission "Gimme Danger" right after you sneak into the Arasaka Industrial Park and if you killed at least one guard, any save loading will make enemies around hostile no matter what.
Very weird, I did this quest a very short time ago, and all enemies without exception died/knocked out throughout the area (and I reloaded a save 1 or 2 times for sure). Maybe it's important, I have never been detected, nor even alerted any enemies.
So which platform ? Any mods ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom