Prey 2017

+
Prey 2017

I can't believe that nobody has created a post about this awesome game yet! Made by Arkane, this Prey reboot is an RPG/FPS-hybrid (in other publications also called "immersive sim") that heavily borrows elements from System Shock 2, Bioshock, Half-Life, Thief, Deus-Ex etc, with excellent writing & design, very dense atmosphere, a cr@pload of exploration, and exciting gameplay (though for the latter opinions seem to vary).

Guys, if you already played it, please share your opinions. Maybe i will do a quick review at a later point, but no promises, as i'm not a reviewer, and as a freelancing creative my time is quite limited ATM.

BTW, i'm one of those people who are still devastated by Prey2's cancellation, and as a result i learned to hate Zenimax for his bully-tactics. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the new Prey, which i count among the best games of the last couple of years. After all, Arkane can't be blamed for Zenimax' legal/illegal shenanigans.

Last edited:
Well, for some reason Bethesda insists on using that draconian anti-tamper BS and the affected titles tend to get flak and then boycotted for it by quite a few people.
Maybe that - and the fact of the CDPR (community) forums being pretty much dead since last year's well-received purge/relaunch - is why there wasn't a dedicated thread about Prey yet.

From the bits and pieces I saw of the game being played and showcased it looks like you're better off with just doing another playthrough of the mentioned OGs Prey's borrowing from, anyway.

Top Bottom