Price of CP2020

+
Price of CP2020

I was interested in acquiring a copy of Cyberpunk 2020 to gift to a friend (I'm not willing to give up my own copy!) so I looked on Amazon...

Starting at $250!?!?!?

I really hate buying from secondary markets. I am tempted to buy the PDF version from drivethrustuff.com and printing it out for myself and giving my book away. Nah, that isn't gonna happen.

I do wish it was available on a print-on-demand service. I would pay $30 to $40 for the game. Heck, if there is enough interest, someone could use kickstarter or other crowd-funding plan to run an official printing of the game.

It's been a couple weeks but I was able to add stuff to the cart and I was just short of checking out... I have a few copies of the game. So not going all the way. I did purchase a t-shirt off the site shortly before the 2077 announcement.

Holy cow, I did not see the core book when I looked on talsorian's site... But I found it now that you said it was there, thanks. I will try and buy it and see what happens!

I ordered it and have an invoice, shouldn't be long before I get the book. I will report back soon ;)

Do you think Talsorian is sitting on cases of books, or do you think they have a print on demand going?

I am voting for a pile. The computer/console gaming era kinda waylaid the P&P industry.

I find it infinately ironic that the author of this RPG after writing a game about the big bad corporations and sticking it to the man... stopped publishing for a bit so he could be employed by one of the largest (and arguably one of the most hated) corporations on Earth: Microsoft. Don't get me wrong. I would have too! Mr. Pondsmith is an intelligent man and reinvention is a hallmark of that. I am not digging on the man. I admire him.

I am told by my Beloved I cannot buy the books I just ordered. I would gleefully disobey but she is right. I MUST WAIT. Then I shall re-buy. Again.

Also, treason is treason. Mike's corruption by The Man drove him quite, quite mad. The man who invented Morgan, Ripperjack and Rache promptly went on and approved doll-art in his next game. Dolls.

MAD. NESS.

Those charges are very hard to defend against, I admit. My vote is he got some sabotaged chipware and isn't responsible for that.

I am told by my Beloved I cannot buy the books I just ordered. I would gleefully disobey but she is right. I MUST WAIT. Then I shall re-buy. Again.

Also, treason is treason. Mike's corruption by The Man drove him quite, quite mad. The man who invented Morgan, Ripperjack and Rache promptly went on and approved doll-art in his next game. Dolls.

MAD. NESS.

They are ACTION FIGURES!

Update: haven't gotten my CP2020 book from talsorian yet. Makes me think one of two things:

1) small (part time) company, and does not ship orders every day.
2) print-on-demand with a low priority, meaning it takes a while to be printed depending on how busy the printer is.

I will update when i get the book so y'all know how long it takes to get it.

Fantastic, Dyrewulf. I do plan to (re)buy these, but it'd be nice to know if it's real or not.

I'm reading my PDFs and remembering why this truly is my favourite game setting. When R.Tal was on, they were really on. Best stuff in an RPG outside of maybe WFRP 2, CoC and Nobilis.

Just really great stuff, through and through.

Also..

DOLLS. OH EM GEE as one of my daughter's friends might say, ( followed by me throwing a child at her. I hate Net lingo).

DOLLS. What was he THINKING? Morgan Blackhand, Rache Bartmoss, first game I saw with BOTH Aikido and Muay Thai being cool, smartguns, wired reflexes...

AND THEN DOLLS?!

Fantastic, Dyrewulf. I do plan to (re)buy these, but it'd be nice to know if it's real or not.

I'm reading my PDFs and remembering why this truly is my favourite game setting. When R.Tal was on, they were really on. Best stuff in an RPG outside of maybe WFRP 2, CoC and Nobilis.

Just really great stuff, through and through.

Also..

DOLLS. OH EM GEE as one of my daughter's friends might say, ( followed by me throwing a child at her. I hate Net lingo).

DOLLS. What was he THINKING? Morgan Blackhand, Rache Bartmoss, first game I saw with BOTH Aikido and Muay Thai being cool, smartguns, wired reflexes...

AND THEN DOLLS?!

Often refer to WFRP 2 and the Cyberpunk 2020 of Fantasy gaming... lately though, we have also been playing in a middle eastern/egyptian fantasy setting using the Epic Role Playing System.

And the missus says no new old games huh.... now I know why you are so cranky all the time...

meeeh i find it fun to go to the used book stores and see what i can find. It's like a adventure.

suuuure i dont always score but when i do i do.
granted by now i could have several copies of the core since that pops up the most but i did find a copy of the Hardwired sourcebook in perfect condition.

also Sardukhar i feel bad for you. no new old games.

Post #6. Or go to talsorian.com, click on RTG Store, then click on the link that says "Click Here to Order Our Games".

-- Ben

Excellent news. Nice find, Endless. I shall await further developments then.

Too bad though - I had this image of a warehouse full of thousands of copies of Cyberpunk books, dark and quiet with weird neon ghosting along the shelves while outside, day turned to night and day again. Eventually revealing the coalescing form of Morgan Blackhand standing on the corner of the street.

I just got the CP2020 book that I ordered. Took some time, but not too much. Comparing it to the current CP2020 book I own, it's the same. It might be that the pages are more translucent in the newer book. It seems to be that I can see through the pages more in the new book. Otherwise the production value is the same.

My thoughts are that it was printed recently, whether on-demand or in a small batch I could not tell you. If it was in storage, I wouldn't expect it to be in such good condition.

That's my two cents. Order from rtalsorian. It's a longer wait than amazon, but the price is retail with standard shipping costs.

Top Bottom