Price of Neutrality on EE Steam Mac?

+
Price of Neutrality on EE Steam Mac?

Has anyone got the Enhanced Edition for Mac via Steam and been able to play Price of Neutrality? I don't have the option to play any other adventures, there's just a greyed our wolf head on the screen and nothing to click - I've been searching online and it looks like people playing the game on Windows have managed to solve it by downloading extra files from somewhere, but the only thing I've found about the Mac version is someone saying they don't think the extra adventures are actually available to play on Mac :(

@mothramdeer: Not sure what is wrong with that version, but if I understood correctly it was made by VirtualProgramming with their eON wrapper and may be it doesn't support extra adventures because of that.

As a workaround, you can get the GOG release of the game using this page: https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup (since you already have the Steam version, you should get GOG one for free).

Download the Windows version, and install it in Wine on OS X (you can use PlayOnMac or any other Wine release you prefer). Witcher works very well in Wine, that's how I play it on Linux, and all adventures are perfectly playable in it.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! Price of Neutrality, here i come with Wine :cheers:

Edit: I think I'm cursed. Downloaded GOG copy via Galaxy Downloader (Windows version) and still no extra adventures...have found a separate download of Price of Neutrality and will see if that works

but still

:sleepy:

Last edited:
Edit: I think I'm cursed. Downloaded GOG copy via Galaxy Downloader (Windows version) and still no extra adventures...have found a separate download of Price of Neutrality and will see if that works

That's strange. What build of Wine did you use? I have all those adventures in the stock GOG Windows version run in latest Wine on Linux.

If they're not downloading directly through Galaxy, did you check the library page from the Gog website? It usually lists the "extras" on the RHS.

If they're not downloading directly through Galaxy, did you check the library page from the Gog website? It usually lists the "extras" on the RHS.

Adventures should be included in the main package, at least I never installed them as extras. And I just checked - there aren't any extras for them anyway.

I downloaded the WineApp-1.1 | wine-1.7.0 version, also PlayonMac, but the thing is when download the 7 parts of the Windows verson from the GOG site itself the connection is always lost at some point and the download wouldn't reconnect so I would have to start redownloading from the beginning - I managed to download what I thought were all 7, but when trying to run it, it said part 6 was missing (as far as I could see it wasn't!)

so I tried the GOG Galaxy downloader instead, but I think that's just downloaded the Mac version of the game again.

sadly nothing listed in extras on the gog page, no! I'm just going to try and redownload all 7 parts from the gog page again. I know it's got to be me doing something wrong, it's just frustrating! I mean...a challenge...a wonderfully frustrating and hopefully rewarding challenge that doesn't involve jettisoning my Macbook out the nearest window

fced

Forum regular
Hello,
You are not alone,
i have the same problem, and i have got my version of The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director cut from Mac Game store...

Same problem, i cannot play the New Adventures... When i click New Game -> New Adventures; the menu is Empty, i only have an empty menu, with a small grey Wolf logo...
Ps : My version of TW is not a Wine of emulated version, it look OS X native (i don't need any emulator like Wine or other to play)
More info here : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Dir-Ccut-(Macgamestore)?p=2020202#post2020202

fced

Forum regular
Hi,
Where have you got those modules / addons? Do you have a link to download them please (if they are free) or to buy them?

Top Bottom