"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+

Price of Power is a set consisting of three story-related expansions for GWENT with the main theme of magic and how different factions seek out, fight for, or exploit its power. The first expansion of the Price of Power set — Once Upon A Pyre — will introduce 26 new cards: 4 cards of different rarities per faction and 2 neutrals. New abilities and gameplay mechanics will also be making their way into the game, bringing fresh and powerful synergies to take advantage of in battle. Once Upon A Pyre will release on June 8th, 2021 on all supported platforms.

Watch the official explainer for more info:

For pre-orders and daily revealed cards check out: playgwent.com

Last edited:
Nilfgaard: "Order your imperial mages to outplay your opponent through skillful deck manipulation" ... please no mill support, reverse-mill is fine, but no mill.

I expected something other than an ad when that timer started lmao
I mean at the very least we got descriptions of what some of the faction support should look like.
For NR we still know that Charge support should be on the menu.
SY will get Witchhunter/Bounty support.
ST will get Spellatel support.

That board has, on the video at least, a different graveyard cardback than the game currently does.

Yeah, I noted that as well. As if people weren't already complaining enough about Traps and "no-unit" decks. :LOL:
Spellatel would not necessarily be "no-unit" though.
Nature's Gift hardly has a "no-unit" focus.

I get that it was frustrating buying an expansion and then getting only bronze cards in the kegs randomly. So I understand the "no kegs" community feedback Burza refers to.
But I still like opening kegs for new expansions and it's sad to only be able to do it in November when everybody already uses the cards. So, of course I'll craft them, too. But that's just not as much fun : /
(Maybe I got addicted to loot boxes, but it was okay since I bought them for in-game currency.)

Ok so previously we heard "no more big expantions" but rather a few cards added regulary, and now we can see that in fact this is a expanstion, but divided into 3 pieces. In addition you took away kegs with those expansion which was the easiest way to obtain new cards (community wanted - right) and scattered new cards with all others in the ultimate deck so the probability to collect them in kegs dropped drastically. all this to sell new in the premium pass...It looks like gwent is starting turning to pay to win scenario...sad

It would make no sense to have expansion kegs before the entire expansion is out, and separate kegs for 26-card sets would be ridiculous.

Also worth noting is that the only thing he said about community feedback regarding kegs was that there are no kegs in the product packs to drive the price up. Which is certainly a complaint that's been seen in the past, several times over; many people have wanted to get the cosmetics but not kegs, which has not been possible. Now it is.

It would make no sense to have expansion kegs before the entire expansion is out, and separate kegs for 26-card sets would be ridiculous.
[...]
It would still be a possibility to have a keg for the expansion and expand its content with each of the other 2 drops.
The only condition would be a consistent spread of rarities for each drop, which I would assume they go with in either case.
Nevermind, that is not even necessary, given that cards are rolled based on rarity.

Edit: A precedent case would be the addition of Madoc to Way of the Witcher (although this would be on a larger scale).
Without this players either have to have the Scraps for >50% of the expansion/buy the expansion/wait to play with the new cards for several months, while others can. I doubt this is the intended result.

Also the value of Ore would be majorly inflated, given that to use it for a fresh keg one has to miss out for several months.

Last edited:

Also worth noting is that the only thing he said about community feedback regarding kegs was that there are no kegs in the product packs to drive the price up. Which is certainly a complaint that's been seen in the past, several times over; many people have wanted to get the cosmetics but not kegs, which has not been possible. Now it is.
I think people who wanted the cosmetics instead of kegs a re the ones that already have all the cards...
For my it is ok, I have enough scraps saved to craft all cards, but for people who do not and would like to collect new cards it is nor much more difficult. Especially for new players.

The 60usd for entire set (3 mini sets) and those cards are premium. This is a very good deal compare to completing the set by buying kegs. Last set, Redrame open like 1000+ kegs in order to get the complete premium set without crafting. Furthermore, purchasing the expansion pass will get an additional Cosmetic, too.

For the point that expansion keg is not available until the 3rd mini set release during November. This makes the players who does not want to buy the expansion pass need to:
1. spend 8320 scraps / mini set to craft those new cards or
2. open ultimate keg or faction keg instead.

edit: remove suggestion.

Last edited:
In other words, kegs for a 26-card set... which I already called ridiculous.
You called separate kegs for 26-card sets ridiculous.
What I described was a keg with 26 cards after the first drop, 52 cards after the second drop and so on.

Edit: What this would otherwise mean is that Ore becomes completely worthless for new expansions, unless you either:
(i) highroll new cards from Faction Kegs or Ultimate Kegs (which becomes less and less likely with each new expansion)
(ii) convert all your Ore into scraps by going for an already completed expansion and then scraping everything
(iii) wait 4 months to start playing with any of the new cards

Last edited:
No one said a word about delaying kegs to November when the 3-part expansion was announced weeks ago. It's funny how that works!

I've bought kegs, journeys and vanity items. I will not buy this premium pass because I don't like they way it's been brought up.

Top Bottom