"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+
"Price of Patience" or "Price of Greed" then? I don't hate the new cards, it's just they have nothing to do with "tapping unspeakable power and paying the price for it". Then again, all modern Gwent is "mechanics over lore".
BTW, NR and SY are still without bronze purifiers, unless there will be changes to existing cards' abilities.
That depends on your position. Usually in games very strong spells require a significant amount of time to charge (either that or a lot of a resources), similarly these NR units are vulnerable while charging their spells and if they are removed you lose a lot of value.

Just take Istredd as an example, in principle he can draw you 5+ cards (as "reverse mulligans") and then generates 11+ points for 7 provisions. I would call that power, however to get that you need to charge several turns.

That depends on your position. Usually in games very strong spells require a significant amount of time to charge (either that or a lot of a resources), similarly these NR units are vulnerable while charging their spells and if they are removed you lose a lot of value.
Actually, yes. it seems NR are getting some equivalent of resources in terms of patience. Not unlike gaining new resources by playing lands, for example, or getting "resource nodes" unlocked each turn. Not sure if I like this turn in mechanics for a game that was different exactly because you could play any card anytime. And I doubt much will change in terms of engine-removal interaction. If those new engines will become too strong (their downside already being that they need to be activated manually to add value), a swarm of NG "lock and poison everything" will spawn as if we don't have enough of them already.

1622471455315.png

This art was partially leeked a couple months or so ago, during GWENT Trivia.

View attachment 11221439
This art was partially leeked a couple months or so ago, during GWENT Trivia.
I guess NG just got a Skirmisher.
Does this not mean that Blightmaker can play for 11 points (on 3 bodies with removal) for 5 (while thining a 4) ?
That sounds considerably overtuned overpowered.
Edit: Unless the stats of The Guardian are changed this looks absurd.

Last edited:
Yes, with the adition of this last card the Blightmaker option with the guardian wasn't necessary. They've transformed a balanced card in one overpowered.

Now I understand the comment about Agent 47 that was made about the partial art.

Judging by what was said during the stream (timestamp 30:20 or so) weeks and weeks ago this is another art where one of the REDs is depicted.

I guess NG just got a Skirmisher.
Does this not mean that Blightmaker can play for 11 points (on 3 bodies with removal) for 5 (while thining a 4) ?
That sounds considerably overtuned overpowered.
Edit: Unless the stats of The Guardian are changed this looks absurd.
Totally agree. Thinners are everywhere as is it. And now NG gets a manageable thinner which is decent 4 for 4 card by itself. Unless other cards are tuned to match, we'll see this combo in 11 games out of 10.

Yes, with the adition of this last card the Blightmaker option with the guardian wasn't necessary. They've transformed a balanced card in one overpowered.
May NG have a good bronze at least once? :)
2 damage might hit shield or armor btw.
Post automatically merged:

by itself
By itself, it's just Wolfpack. How many Wolfpacks did you see in the game? :)

Really? NG have good bronzes. But even if not, that doesn't mean they could have such a overpowered card; that is not how balance works.

I will never understand this instantly calling something overpowered. So many times there've been cards that "will be broken" only for no one to play said cards after the novelty has worn off.

Of course, the same also applies to cards that are instantly labelled as underpowered when they're first revealed. They often end up being at least decent.

Quite a few. Far more than Peasant Militia. It has synergy with beasts in MO, for example. Plus, this new mage can play well with Fringilla.

May NG have a good bronze at least once? :)
2 damage might hit shield or armor btw.

What?!?
- By this logic we could say that Mahakam Volunteers, Crow Messengers, Wild Hunt Riders, Archespores, Drummond Shieldmadens, Impera Brigades, Sewer Raiders and Hunting Packs are all just a wolf packs (but 1 provision more expensive)!

By your logic all those cards should be even worse then Wolf Packs cause they are 5 provision while Wolf pack is 4 and thus all those cards I listed should be even rarer to see then wolf packs (which is obviously false).

BUT that would require us to ignore the most important part of these cards, that being THEY ARE MEANT TO BE TUTORED!
Otherwise they're bricks.

Ok now lets take a look at the standard thinning tools of 2 Wild Hunt Riders for examples (all other thinners fit this standard):
You have some condition (Dominance) to be able to make a 8 point play + thinning for 5 provisions.

Now let's take a look at the Blightmaker + Mage Assasin combo:
You have NO CONDITION (other then not having the Assas in your hand as a brick, which also applies to Wild Hunt Riders) to be able to make an 11 point play + thinning! AAAAND IT's FOR 1 less provisions total (5 + 4 prov)! Meanwile Wild Hunt Riders are 5 + 5 provisions AND give 3 less points!! ?!?!?!>

"2 damage might hit shield or armor btw." And? Pinging a shield to make room for actual damage or removing armor is considered nothing to you? Even in that case it's still 9 points for 4 + 5 provisions while standard thinning tools would be 8 points for 5 + 5 provisions. I mean by that logic might as well give them 50 dmg cause "it might hit a shield".
AND you can do this combo 2 times in a match!! Meanwhile we can only play our WHR once per match and it's still weaker.
Or you can go with just one combo and still meat the conditions for Radeyah or Shoope's Day Off (no duplicates).

Last edited:
How can it be annoying? It has no toxic mechanic like Alchemist or something.
Card doesn't have to be toxic to be annoying. It just has to appear in almost every deck you encounter for some time (played the same way over and over again) for a normal person to be sick of the look of it. Good cards can be annoying too, but really good cards are at least somewhat versatile.

Now let's take a look at the Blightmaker + Mage Assasin combo:
You have NO CONDITION (other then not having the Assas in your hand as a brick, which also applies to Wild Hunt Riders) to be able to make an 11 point play + thinning! AAAAND IT's FOR 1 less provisions total (5 + 4 prov)! Meanwile Wild Hunt Riders are 5 + 5 provisions AND give 3 less points!! ?!?!?!>
AAA! The colors! They BURN! No sense to explain the card, imho. People here can count, some just don't want to. :)
The card will 99% surely make it to the game the way its introduced. And then the nerfing dance begins.

Last edited:
Card doesn't have to be toxic to be annoying. It just has to appear in almost every deck you encounter for some time (played the same way over and over again) for a normal person to be sick of the look of it. Good cards can be annoying too, but really good cards are at least somewhat versatile.

AAA! the Colors! They BURN! No sense to explain the card, imho. People here can count, some just don't want to. :)
The card will 99% surely make it to the game the way its introduced. And then the nerfing dance begins.
They'll nerf it in the next 1-3 months lol, they need to gather all the information... xd
:giveup:
What the hell is the point of Impera Brigades and Hunting Packs now? NG already had a lot of thinning option and ways to draw their cards why just add more stuff that just makes the previous stuff obsolete!?

As for Wolfpack, I thought we are saying if we play Assassin from hand.
However, I agree that 11 (or 9) +1 thinning for 5+4 looks strong.
But, let's wait for other reveals. The irony might be that even such a big-point play might be not enough for NG in the new meta. :D

Top Bottom