"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
As far as I am informed Reckless Flurry is not exactly the prefered leader ability for SK Warriors ...

I know, but i would rather they nerfed Eist than BoG, its Eist that's the source of the problem, so overtuned that its unthinkable to use BoG with any other possibility than Eist+Jutta.

Basically, SK has so many balance problems that the bigger ones overshadow the smaller ones. :shrug:

i am not a fan of these SK cards. I think trying to make weather work is a nice goal, but the only cards that benefit from this directly are Dagur and GS, which im not a fan of. Hopefully the 2 remaning SK cards have synergies with these 2 revealed so far.

Hmmm... Some sort of ancient foglet inspired deafening siren unit that thives off of bad weather maybe? That'd be an interesting option for the rare card? It would allow a hybrid beast / weather themed deck...

EDIT - Ooh. And maybe the epic could take inspiration from Eredin and boost the damage of weather effects.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Some sort of ancient foglet inspired deafening siren unit that thives off of bad weather maybe? That'd be an interesting option for the rare card? It would allow a hybrid beast / weather themed deck...

EDIT - Ooh. And maybe the epic could take inspiration from Eredin and boost the damage of weather effects.
Dagon's return would be nice for that.

To be fair, Fulmar alone will probably already elevate Druids by at least 1 Tier.
I do not think that going all in on the Weather part will be the best idea and just mixing them with the existing Druids will give the best results.

Ideally Druids will get another good Gold Druid for Round 3.

Dagon's return would be nice for that.
Dagon is an MO leader/unit though.

I know, but i would rather they nerfed Eist than BoG, its Eist that's the source of the problem, so overtuned that its unthinkable to use BoG with any other possibility than Eist+Jutta.

Basically, SK has so many balance problems that the bigger ones overshadow the smaller ones. :shrug:
They could also just say "Hey we like Eist and the swings he can generate" ... => BoG loses 2+ provisions
I cannot believe that Battle Trance still does not have more provisions than BoG and that Rage of the Sea still has 3 provisions less than BoG.

Last edited:
Moderator: Please, back on topic, which is 'Price of Power', not Dagon -- who's very unlikely to appear here.

1622718064757.png

More of the same, yay.

Nice, although I was assuming that a Druid that can recycle an Alchemy would be priced higher.
Yesterday I was considering that an Alchemy recycling Druid would be nice, so I am surprised that this is actually what they went for.

Considering Tear of Siren she can be a somewhat consistent 10 for 8 (with good synergy with Fulmar, given that he can turn the Rain into 2 more turns of Storm) and with 1 leader charge from Rage of the Sea she can recycle a Gigascorpion Decoction, which is definitely nice for control.
Also with Crow's Eye Rhizome she is a consistent 10 for 8.

It turns out that Druids finally have 2 high end Gold cards they want to use for Gedyneith in Round 3.

Last edited:
There's a scene in Witcher 3 where a young woman (like the one in the card art) joins her dead lover on his final journey; a boat with the body, the girl, and various items is sent off to sail on its own, then lit on fire with an arrow.

It's a Skelligan funeral ceremony of some kind. The card, including the name, is probably a reference to just that.
(Edit: Or it's some cult or sacrifice thing. Also possible.)

Last edited:
There's a scene in Witcher 3 where a young woman (like the one in the card art) joins her dead lover on his final journey; a boat with the body, the girl, and various items is sent off to sail on its own, then lit on fire with an arrow.

It's a Skelligan funeral ceremony of some kind. The card, including the name, is probably a reference to just that.
(Edit: Or it's some cult or sacrifice thing. Also possible.)
This is indeed correct. As far as I can tell this card is definitely referencing the traditional skelligen rite of sacrificing one of your widows by sending her to die on the ship with your body and riches.

As far as I can tell this card is definitely referencing the traditional skelligen rite of sacrificing one of your widows by sending her to die on the ship with your body and riches.
I still think that, too, but am not sure anymore.

She has the Cultist tag, and Skellige definitely might have some cult where young women are sacrificed to the sea or something living in/associated with the sea. We know, also from Witcher 3, that there was a cult worshipping an ekhidna (siren), so who knows what else exists. :D

I still think that, too, but am not sure anymore.

She has the Cultist tag, and Skellige definitely might have some cult where young women are sacrificed to the sea or something living in/associated with the sea. We know, also from Witcher 3, that there was a cult worshipping an ekhidna (siren), so who knows what else exists. :D
I still do not see why she would be a druid if this is supposed to be a general reference.

Top Bottom