jobs Support Register

Price of Thronebreaker?

+

Terobero

Junior Member
#1
Price of Thronebreaker?

Is it going to be free? Or do we need to pay real money? If yes, will there will be an option to pay with in-game currency (like ores). I'm just asking because it seems like they put in a lot of effort and making such expansions free would be so generous.
 

Mnorojo

Junior Member
#2
It may be free if its the first one, kind of like a promotional campaign. But most indications make it seem that it will cost money and not be buyable with in game currency. The next question then is if the bonus cards in the campaign will be accessible in multiplayer collections for those who dont buy it. Whatever the case I plan to pay money if necessary. As much time as I have already put into Gwent, CDPR has earned my money
 

4RM3D

Moderator
#3
1) The main campaign can only be bought with real money.
2) There will be a free mini-campaign which serves as a demo/prologue.
3) (Some of) the cards will be usable in multiplayer.
4) Price is unknown, at the moment.
5) It's also not known whether or not the campaign cards can be acquired through other means.
 

SkippyHole

Junior Member
#4
I have no links, but I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that before Thronebreaker comes out, there would be a short introduction to single player, that they specifically said would be free. To me, this implies Thronebreaker itself and all other single player campaigns won't be free. I think they've confirmed somewhere the cards won't be available anywhere else as well, which does make it a bit pay to win.
 

4RM3D

Moderator
#6
Lyserus

Originally, the cards were only meant for singleplayer. Then CDPR said they will also include multiplayer cards. Not sure if all cards are going to be available in multiplayer, though. Maybe there are still some special OP singleplayer cards.
 

NlelithZ44

Poser
#7
I think it's not like "special OP singleplayer cards", but rather "special -useless for multiplayer- singleplayer cards". Matches in campaign will have special tasks like "protect card x", where x could be some peasants or something.
 

devivre

Moderator
#8
Lyserus;n9377961 said:
Some of :sad:

why not all tho:wat:
With the singleplayer cards some extremely strong combos will be possible which would be very unbalanced if used in multiplayer.
At gamescom CDPR teased only a few of these campaign interactions but judging from this it definitely makes sense to not allow every card to multiplayer.
 

quantum_number

Junior Member
#9
I assume, that with unbalanced SP cards, they'll try to avoid a repeat of the situation with Dagon's challenge, which a lot of people found too difficult.

Besides, they can test new cards this way. Make an OP card for SP and if the community really likes it, tweak it and release it for MP
 

Toyen

CyberPsycho
#10
Is it now 100% confirmed that we won't be able to buy the single player campaigns with ore?

Just so I know whether I should be saving up my ore or not :)
 

Lyserus

Tourist
#11
4RM3D;n9378011 said:
Lyserus

Originally, the cards were only meant for singleplayer. Then CDPR said they will also include multiplayer cards. Not sure if all cards are going to be available in multiplayer, though. Maybe there are still some special OP singleplayer cards.
devivre;n9379051 said:
With the singleplayer cards some extremely strong combos will be possible which would be very unbalanced if used in multiplayer.
At gamescom CDPR teased only a few of these campaign interactions but judging from this it definitely makes sense to not allow every card to multiplayer.
I know the balance issue...I wouldn't mind some SP/MP tweaking but hate to lose all those artwork once finished the SP campaign tho:listen:

I want to see all cards in MP:mean:make it happen CDPR
 

Sunsibar

Moderator
#12
Toyen;n9382101 said:
Is it now 100% confirmed that we won't be able to buy the single player campaigns with ore?

Just so I know whether I should be saving up my ore or not :)
In this interview (around 2:45), Burza says that the campaign will be bought with normal currency.

 

Brenex

Junior Member
#13
4RM3D;n9377721 said:
1) The main campaign can only be bought with real money.
2) There will be a free mini-campaign which serves as a demo/prologue.
3) (Some of) the cards will be usable in multiplayer.
4) Price is unknown, at the moment.
5) It's also not known whether or not the campaign cards can be acquired through other means.
Wasn't this supposed to be a free to play game? I understand adding expansions afterwards for real money, but at least the content at full release should be free, right? They said at launch the game will have a SP campaign, so that isn't going to be free now? We're still in beta and we're talking about paid content, is there something I'm missing?
 

NlelithZ44

Poser
#14
Brenex Singleplayer campaigns were confirmed to be paid back in 2016. IIRC, devs never said anything about game having free campaign at launch, aside from mini-adventure (not even sure if that will be available with full release). There's no point in getting upset about it, you just was misinformed.
 

TheShift

Poser
#15
Yup.. since the begining it's been said that the single player campaign was going to be paid with real currency

Just need CDPR to take my money and we good
 

scorba

Poser
#16
I can hardly wait to throw money at the screen for that gorgeous single player thing, when is it out already?!?
 

Sunsibar

Moderator
#18
maabush;n9384981 said:
How many hours of play will be this single player campaign?
Around 10-15 hours. Pawel said that it can be even more if you do everything (in the video 2:40, in my above post).
 
Last edited:

Marcin Momot

CD PROJEKT RED
#19
Thronebreaker will be available for purchase with real currency - we will reveal its price as we get closer to the release date. It will add 20 cards to the multiplayer collection. During campaign you will obtain way more cards than that, but they will all be tailored for single-player purposes. Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:

Hydrahead

Junior Member
#20
It just became a bit p2w :p I don't mind paying for the SP campaign but I do think they should have used the same model as in Hearthstone. Kind of a shame imo even though I'm gonna pay with real money anyway.