PrimaGames competition – results

+
PrimaGames competition – results

Last week we launched a competition, where participants had to use the picture provided by us and add some amusing caption to it.As promised, today we're bringing you the results.
First of all, we would like to thank everyone for participating some of the works created by you are truly hilarious! We had really tough time deciding which entry deserved the prize, but somehow we agreed on picking the winners.
Without further ado, here are the lucky fans who will be receiving PrimaGames Game Guide for the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings signed by the devs:
Rocket02
Winners will be contacted via PM on our forums shortly. If you wish to view all the submissions, click here(English)and here(Polish).

Forum veteran
Yayayayayayayayayayayayayay

I in no way deserve this given how many entries were absolutely hilarious, but no backsies.

Too bad Duskey's entry (http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30431-news-win-the-official-game-guide-by-primagames/page__view__findpost__p__817751) didn't make it. I like it :)
But of course gratulations to the glorious winners ^^

M4xw0lf said:
Too bad Duskey's entry (http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30431-news-win-the-official-game-guide-by-primagames/page__view__findpost__p__817751) didn't make it. I like it :)
But of course gratulations to the glorious winners ^^
Thank you. I will accept a runner-up title... also it comes with double prize money.

I can't seem to see the Polish entry... and I can't read Polish either.

Also, we need WAY more competitions like this.

Congrats to the winners. I have to say the thread was very entertaining.

Duskey said:
Thank you. I will accept a runner-up title... also it comes with double prize money.

I can't seem to see the Polish entry... and I can't read Polish either.

Also, we need WAY more competitions like this.

I agree! It definitely is a great idea. I was just a moment too late entering into the competition - haha :D No big deal, it was good fun.

Some great humor out here on the forums btw!

Congratulations to our winners! 227's entry was not only hilarious but also very in context.

Would one of our kind Polish friends like to translate the other entry for us? When I try to click on Rocket's entry, I get a pink box in Polish, which I think is telling me that I'm not authorized to see it, or something like that, so I can't see it at all.

Congratulations to both!

I second Cory's request and would love a translation of Rocket's entry. I understand if some might be lost in translation, of course, but I'm still curious!

Well, TBH the Polish win is...umm...weird.

Literally it says "Oh no! I left a child on gas...:/" probably meaning "I left a child boiling..." (on a stove or something) which relates to...I dunno, really. Sorcerers being cruel to children? Eating them maybe?

"na gazie" which in english is "on gas" is also used in Polish to describe someone being drunk. So, maybe that makes more sense to you guys.

:S

AramilSiandol said:
Congrats!

But I don't get it, what does this guide ofeers beyoned the guide that came with the game?

Besides the complete and detailed walkthroughs, I gess some character backstory, location of weapons and other secret special loot and special advise to beat tough enemies...

gregski said:
Well, TBH the Polish win is...umm...weird.

Literally it says "Oh no! I left a child on gas...:/" probably meaning "I left a child boiling..." (on a stove or something) which relates to...I dunno, really. Sorcerers being cruel to children? Eating them maybe?

"na gazie" which in english is "on gas" is also used in Polish to describe someone being drunk. So, maybe that makes more sense to you guys.

:S
Oh boy... meaning that probably we should directly ask to the author right? I am amazed by the fact that Polish has different interpretentions by native poles too

Congratulations!

It must have been difficult to choose between so many great entries (I was giggling every time I looked at that thread), but that's a well-deserved Win!

So, 227 - you're buying the drinks tonight at the Hairy Bear?

Grats winners.

To view Rocket02's image, sign into the Polish forums first ;) The logins work independently from each other.
A poster over there in a reply to someone who didn't get the joke said "Vilgefortz, Stregobor...? For examples? ;) "
As far as I know, both of them were trying to kill a girl in different stories. Maybe other mages in the books did similar things and that was the reference for the picture?

Forum veteran
dragonbird said:
So, 227 - you're buying the drinks tonight at the Hairy Bear?
Of course. I'd love to see what you all start ironing once you have a few drinks in you.

Top Bottom