Priority?

+
Trapper is meant to work as noted above - trap triggers and reduces strength before the played card has any effect.

I wonder if cards in the future will be immune to traps...
:waryscoiatael:

I haven't seen any information about that, yes cards has been change but no one ever from CD Red said you can destroy cards like that. If you really can do it like that, means :

* CD Red turned great original (completely new fresh idea) into Hearthstone (Huge minus from me to the game rating)

* CD Red broke the game, why? (below) (another minus)

* You can now destroy even up to 10 cards with two simply bronze cards (any weather bronze card plus any bronze card that remove 1 or 2 strength - they add huge number of these cards lately so would be very easy to do that with two simple moves)...yes, you could react quickly with "clear weather" but if you don't have any - game is over.

That would turn into stupid game, you would be force play it only with factions immune for weathers, that great tactical game would turn in a game without strategy...you know your opponent gonna play clear weather now if he have any, you know he gonna try go it the same to you (too big predictability)...and on the end all the weathers and clear weather they do not have a sense of being in the game and the same time they MEGA overpowered. If they really did that, they broke the game.

Gwent is very different from other games in a multitude of ways, to say it has turned into another game just simply isn't true.

We've evolved and improved a great many aspects of Gwent, which we've stated we would do in order to turn it into a fun and competitive multiplayer experience.

Please play the game and hopefully you will provide constructive criticism after doing so. What you've stated here is hyperbolic and not based in actual experience or facts.

Gwent is very different from other games in a multitude of ways, to say it has turned into another game just simply isn't true.

We've evolved and improved a great many aspects of Gwent, which we've stated we would do in order to turn it into a fun and competitive multiplayer experience.

Please play the game and hopefully you will provide constructive criticism after doing so. What you've stated here is hyperbolic and not based in actual experience or facts.

I just don't like idea at all that cards can by destroyed when the strength go to value 0. This is not what Gwent was about at the very beginning.

Gwent was unique and in some point started dangerously looks like Hearthstone (huge number of cards has been released with abilities that can take damage to opponents cards - bronze cards).

Play one BRONZE CARD - Biting Frost
Next turn play next BRONZE CARD - Stammelford's Tremors
or some other BRONZE CARD that can take damage to opponent's card (is plenty of them and they quite common now)

With this two simple moves (using two common bronze cards) you will be able to take enormous hit points to the cards 50-70 points and destroy cards completely.
So yes, these situations are beginning to alarm me that something going in wrong direction.

Yes, mechanics is different to other card games. The is no any game like this one. But you can clearly see some last changes went into existing successive games like Hearthstone and in my opinion this is not direction game should take if you want to be on the top and make a success, because all of these card games that coming out now (dozens of them) trying to use Hearthstone success but they end up like underdog....and would be very sad to see Gwent become one of them.

I hope I'm wrong and game will be fantastic like all of us here. But if I see overpowered bronze cards that will be taking damage to a whole row with greater efficiency than a few strong gold cards combined together then I will complain a lot. Because with new damaging system that is what weather cards do and they are bronze cards.

Next turn play next BRONZE CARD - Stammelford's Tremors
or some other BRONZE CARD that can take damage to opponent's card (is plenty of them and they quite common now)

With this two simple moves (using two common bronze cards) you will be able to take enormous hit points to the cards 50-70 points and destroy cards completely.
I think they should work like scorch. Deal damage to highest strength unit or row. Giving option to choose your target really make this ability powerful.

Last edited:
Imo gwent is going far more to yugioh than for hearthstone.

Which isnt a bad thing necessarily, at least for me yugioh was fun at some point.... also, one big problem with yugioh was the top decking rng. Since gwent restricts a lot card draw, that will not be a big problem, unless they keep printing cards like priscilla and elven mercenary. But i think they realized that the community doesnt want rng and some of the recent card changes reflect that (mainly operator).

Just the fact that hearthstone utilizes mana mechanic, and gwent dont, already transform them in two completely different beasts... in fact, one could separate CCG in two big groups different from one another; mana based and non-mana based.

Anyways, my intent with this topic was discuss the card priority effects... i think at some point in the future the developers will have to make a clarification about this.

Last edited:
I just don't like idea at all that cards can by destroyed when the strength go to value 0. This is not what Gwent was about at the very beginning.

To have longevity and more player vs player excitement some rules had to change, we're very happy with this change. It also bring some exciting possibles to our single player campaigns that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

The game simply wouldn't have worked as it was in the Witcher 3 as a competitive multiplayer game.

Gwent has some very unique aspect that are very different from many other CCGs, having 3 rounds and not having a mana curve system. Those aren't going to change :)

Top Bottom