Pro-Tip... this game has a reputation system amongst all the factions...

+
And being a bloodthirsty lunatic will definitely make your life harder.

Get more experience from it tho, especially if you're super evil and merciless.

But no, seriously... try killing almost nobody whenever possible. Watch how differently the gangs treat you.

Yep, I realized this was a thing when it became on sight with the Tyger Claws and they started shooting when I was just walking down the street. I love that it's not overt.

This and other things are a taste of what the game could be like if it were released with all the promised features. Whether you become gang-friendly or hostile can have a big impact on the city and other characters in the game.

Main and side quests can be closed or open depending on how friendly you are with the gang whose character is allied or has more relationships. And also the way you do the mission, if you are related to Voodo Boy, the missions that involve them can be resolved with dialogue and if you are hostile the missions only go in the "way of weapons".

So there are numerous possibilities for this system, but I don't expect them to improve in this game because, how I talked about this in other topics, they would have to rewrite the mechanic core for that improve and that would take time and would be very expensive for a game they've already released.

These are glimpses of features the devs probably didn't have the time to fully implement, but weren't completely removed either. You can see this in many aspects of the game (car chases, gangs behavior, rep system...)

I still hope CDPR will use whatever is already implemented in future expansions and updates as a basis for a more complex, fleshed out system.

Nice! This is cool, but damn my current playthrough.... Gotten the habit of sneaking up and knocking people out, and then when everyone is asleep I'll go back and headshot each and everyone...

Will try a no-killing next round :)

"PRO-TIP... THIS GAME HAS A REPUTATION SYSTEM AMONGST ALL THE FACTIONS..."

Kinda natural, don't you think? You kill people, other people kill you in kind. That tip was already given by TLOU 2.

What's unusual, at least to me, (and I didn't play TLOU 2 because I have self respect), is that typically in circumstances like this there's an obvious numerical component or it's at least found in other systems. V, for example, doesn't get fat if you eat a lot of Spooge-E-Ohs The Fun Cereal For Adults (Each Box Contains a Surprise Toy!). So you don't *expect* there to be systems where your actions matter in this context, you just kind of figure it out as you go even though it makes perfect sense.

Kind of D&D in a way.

But no, seriously... try killing almost nobody whenever possible. Watch how differently the gangs treat you.
Answer by the 6th Street "Boss" during "Stadium Love".
"Ok I understand, but that make no difference. Today you can take part of the party with us, but if tomorrow I come across to you in the street, I'll not hesitate... If you are not with us, you're against us !"

Well it's broke. No matter what the only ones shooting at me are the ones I shoot at first.
1st playthrough tried to play balanced and it was very boring, no action unless I started it.
2nd playthrough. If I could shoot it I did, still boring no action unless I started it.
Last playthrough. Knock out only start to finish, the most boring. To stealthy no action.
Xbox Series X launch had minor bugs and glitches. Now game almost unplayable for me. Things like when I hit people with car it goes up in the air and lands on the other side of the map and I'm not dead. Things like that never happened to me, untill they started to fix it.

To test, I started to shoot every Maelstrom that i could find. Some time later they now shoot me on sight.:ohstopit:

Interesting, does it matter if you incapacitate them instead of killing them?
I don't think so. I've been playing a non-lethal Netrunner and I'm near the end of the game both in terms of main story and side missions and none of the gangs I encounter shoot first unless I provoke them.

Which makes sense... if you've kept a low enough profile you're just a rando on the street for the most part. Amongst the world of fixers and dealers you're hot shit, but to Joe Maelstrom you're just another gonk on the street talking to their imaginary friend.

And being a bloodthirsty lunatic will definitely make your life harder.

Get more experience from it tho, especially if you're super evil and merciless.

Now if only they would say something like "Its that dude from X! Kill him!" That would make it more apparent that its because of players actions and not because all NPCs are mindless aggressive bots like they are in other games...

I could swear I've always been attacked by the gang members though, even in the very beginning of the game. But because I tend to take the Adam Smasher approach to missions, I can't be sure.

Top Bottom