Probably stupid and already answered question: Who did I defeat at the end of W1?

+
Probably stupid and already answered question: Who did I defeat at the end of W1?

He was named the King of the Wild Hunt, but it can't be Eredin... So who did I defeat? And why is nobody in W3 referring to it? (Oh right, CDPR doesn't care about my choices. Sorry, I forgot.)

He was named the King of the Wild Hunt, but it can't be Eredin... So who did I defeat? And why is nobody in W3 referring to it? (Oh right, CDPR doesn't care about my choices. Sorry, I forgot.)

Sadly they don't care about our choices or about the previous games in general
Thats why I always say that TW3 is a great standalone game but a terrible final chapter and sequel

It wasn't the King of the Wild Hunt but his specter. That's explained in the second game either through books or during the dialog with Cynthia and Letho.

Basically the Wild Hunt can teleport between worlds but choose to only do this on special occasions because it requires a great deal of magic power or whatever. So instead of going to other worlds in person most of the time they just summon specters of themselves through some kind of magic that's not really explained. Granted no one seems to know much about the Wild Hunt anyways, at least in the games.

Yea it's really a damn shame. I had expected Geralt to be our main source of information on the Wild Hunt since he supposedly recovered his memory and he spent some time with them as a rider and not just a prisoner but that's not really the case. Other then knowing about Eredin, Imlireth and the Navigators he's pretty much clueless.

The title is wild hunt, not the THE wild hunt. They specifically left THE out because the game is just a wild hunt for Ciri and doesn't tell us anything about the actual Wild Hunt.

/trollface.jpg sorry guys, I had too :p

The title is wild hunt, not the THE wild hunt. They specifically left THE out because the game is just a wild hunt for Ciri and doesn't tell us anything about the actual Wild Hunt.

/trollface.jpg sorry guys, I had too :p

:p I know you had to.. wouldn't have missed the chance myself ;) honestly I had a .txt doc opened and had my imaginary buddy type in the same comment in to ease my mind :D ...interesting how a tittle can be so misleading though..

It was already explained in the end of The Witcher 2. Geralt said to Letho that Wild Hunt wraiths were nothing more then astral projections of a real riders, so when he took down King of The Wild Hunt in the end of the first game, it was nothing more then just a phantom of the real Eredin. There was an unused dialogue in the files of the second game when he was directly referring to that as Eredin's projection.

Why it wasn't mentioned in the third game? Because it wasn't relevant anymore now when the real riders arrived.

I do wish more was explained about the Hunt. We know they've been chasing Ciri and this and that, but we don't learn all that much about them. I guess it's a way to keep them more mysterious, but I think things were still too vague.

Plus, whole final battle with Aldelsberg and King of the Wild Hunt happened in Alvin's/Jacques mind, it was not real..

Last edited:
yet, when Geralt woke up, Aldelsberg was lying next to him dead... it is possible Wild Hunt was after Alvin as well, as they were after all child of elder blood.. after all Avalla'ch put together the whole genealogy so they knew pretty well who they need to take out...

I think he means in Witcher 1?

No sense. TW1 is about who is Geralt, TW2 is where Geralt lives and TW3 is what Geralt earn.

So, in TW1, the only who knows that Geralt was a Wild Hunt Rider is the King of The Wild hunt, why should he mention it then?

No sense. TW1 is about who is Geralt, TW2 is where Geralt lives and TW3 is what Geralt earn.

So, in TW1, the only who knows that Geralt was a Wild Hunt Rider is the King of The Wild hunt, why should he mention it then?

As per usual as a clichèd twist? For the benefit of the player? Ask him.

Top Bottom