Probably too late to fix, but the loot system is tedious

+
Simply put, the loot system isn't fun, it's tedious. It's a chore. There's 1,000 things to pick up in every single area of the game. 99% of it is junk. Getting upgrades or finding cool items is meaningless because you're constantly looting.

Finding an awesome item in an RPG is supposed to be a big "wow" moment but this loot system does the opposite. I don't even look at the loot as I pick it up, I have no idea what I'm getting most of the time, I just run around spamming "Pickup" because that's the only thing you can do.

Simply put, showering the player with a gazillion things to pickup makes the loot system feel like a chore and it ruins the experience of actually finding good stuff.

I would prefer far less loot but when you do find a nice little box or stash, it has good stuff in it you remember. It would make exploration feel rewarding and the items exciting.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. And there's the other immersion-killing factor of how a level 50 revolver that you have no skill with does more damage than a level 1 sniper rifle. But of course that level 50 revolver is so "advanced" that you can't actually figure out how to use it at level 45.

And then there's the ridiculous concept of a straw hat, a pair of sunglasses, a bra, hotpants, and heels being an amazing combat outfit because it is level 50. But a level 1 bullet proof vest is completely useless because it is level 1.

Couldn't agree more. And there's the other immersion-killing factor of how a level 50 revolver that you have no skill with does more damage than a level 1 sniper rifle. But of course that level 50 revolver is so "advanced" that you can't actually figure out how to use it at level 45.

And then there's the ridiculous concept of a straw hat, a pair of sunglasses, a bra, hotpants, and heels being an amazing combat outfit because it is level 50. But a level 1 bullet proof vest is completely useless because it is level 1.

Its this way because its cannonical.

In cannon
A full kevlar plate vest is inferior to a kevlar nano-weave T-shirt with integrated nanites and homeostasis adaptation. Cyberpunk TT itself allowed you to start playing with what you were actually wearing, giving it an armor rating then letting you play role you chose. Just because it "looks" like a t-shirt made of cloth doesn't actually make it that.

In Cyberpunk, anything goes if you have enough resources at hand, you can even be immortal. A bullet proof bright pink mini-skirt is childs-play by comparison.

10,000% agree. Not only is there too much junk and loot but there's junk EVERYWHERE in a city where you're either uber rich or you're super poor. HOW ARE PEOPLE LEAVING THIS STUFF EVERYWHERE LOL?!

It is also bad because the tier system is almost useless because of the wildly random stats and mod slots. Like, you can have epic and legendary clothes without mod slots. Those items are as effective as the common ones.

Would be great if the food/drink vendors would actually sell food/drink instead of picking it up from the streets, yes some do sell, but like the doors in this city 99% of them don't work. Might even improve how last gen is running if it didn't have to spawn in tons of worthless junk everywhere. Some junk is o.k, but 20 different food/drink items doing all the same effect. Why? the immersive junk collector simulator?

I do look at loot when I pick it up, and I do find useful items often. I change clothes often because I keep finding better ones. And I often find better weapons even in "very low danger" fights. Maybe the OP only meant junk items? I rarely pick up the E$3 ones but I do look at them. I only keep the rarer junk items. For instance, there are cards that have a different design from the usual black-and-purple one, and some vinyls have rarer covers than others. The bigger problem for me is that some loot can't be picked up because it is apparently "stuck" or "clipped" into another object. It happens in every single location where there is loot. If the developers have to fix every location by hand then good luck to them.

Yeah, those annoying consumables...
They're just everywhere and because the game can't focus on the item in the crosshair, you have to pick up all of them just to eventually get to the interesting pistol, money roll or whatever. And then you can't even really sell the stuff, because you have to sell every item seperately and after every single one of them the game reloads the inventory. I don't even bother anymore and have several inventory pages full of that junk. I think my basic encumberance is at least 120 because of that.

Yep, it's horrible. Leveled gear makes it ten times worse because not only are you looting all the time, but you're forced to do so if you want to keep your damage up to par. Endless gear churning is miserable.

Oh, well, seems like the majority of people who got the game don't care. Makes you wonder just how shit the game could have been before a meaningful backlash was incurred.

Top Bottom