Problem at Kabuki Market

+
I stopped playing 2077 beginning of September and have done nothing with the game since. I have been checking in with the forum on a somewhat regular basis. I just recently went back into game because I have just recently purchased a new graphics card and wanted to test it with 2077.

I went to the Kabuki Market and as I was wandering around, and I saw this.

And not long after saw another kid with a gun. I'm not comfortable with this, and this was a glitch not long after the game first came out. Turns out (if I remember correctly) that CDPR did not make 'kid' models, rather they shrunk the male / female adult models and turned them into kids, and some of the scripting went along with that. So I was quite surprised to see this again.

I took my character and ran around the city to see if this appeared anywhere else and I did not see this happen again, but it seems to occur only at the Kabuki Market area. So my question is, has anyone else seen this in their game? I verified my files and it did not correct the issue. I removed most of the mods I had installed and that did nothing either. Other then patch 1.31, nothing has been done to the game. I am not aware of any other updates, but strangely enough, I have noticed some subtle changes since I last played.

Not trying to start anything here, just want to know if this may have happened to anyone else.

There are kids playing with guns in the nomad camp too. They also have specific animations of playing with them.
These are not animations that I have seen on any enemy.
I think they are regular npcs in that dystopian world like the suicide guys not any kind of bug.

And if you feel uncomfortable with that, there's a girl pointing one to her head...

rbhkpbozwi661.png

cyberpunk-2077-child-gun.jpg

Last edited:
There is always one near Vik clinic at the beginning (The Ripperdoc quest, so the first time you meet Vik in the game) :)
(near the cat when you can pet it).
Here since day one and they always have a Chao (smart gun).

While it’s definitely an uncomfortable detail, it makes perfect sense in a violent dystopian world that kids would play with guns. Besides, you rarely see grown ups playing with guns in public, so it‘s definitely not an accident.

Actually, it‘s kind of a pretty consistent element in this world - even during the River Ward questline you play a vr shooting game with the kids. So yes, it‘s uncomfortable but it’s supposed to be.

Interesting, thanks for the comments. This was a topic not long after the game came out and eventually, you didn't see this anymore. Before I stopped playing back in September, I had played the game three times, and didn't see kids with guns / weapons. Now it pops up again, have no clue.

Anyway, let me define this a bit. Yes, I am aware that this is a dystopian world, I get that. The 'official' art that was posted shows clearly that the kid is playing with a toy gun and a headset...not the same thing as a kid with a weapon. Yes, you play a virtual game in the with toy guns and headsets with River and the kids, my point being toy guns.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen kids running around in game with 'weapons' and not obvious toy guns and apparently some of you have. My question has been answered, no I am not crazy about it, but just have to go with it.

I remember now, there is also a kid with gun near the Zen Master in the second "spot" in Japan Town. If you pay attention there are quite common :)
And you can see the kid near Vik clinic on Cohh stream posted December 9th (on release version).
Right time :

Last edited:
As long as they're taught properly, it's not an issue. Sure, accidents can still happen, but that's life. My dad used to ask me or my sister to bring his gun sometimes when he was about to clean it. He taught us not to point at anyone, and all that, so he trusted us. Guns by themselves are not dangerous, it's in the hands of the untrained/and, or mentally unstable that they become an issue.

Guest 4561861

This is just a design decision, and a proper one IMHO. In some parts of the real world, even the USA, kids have guns. It's uncomfortable and should be.
This is one of the least disturbing things I see in this game; there also being much about human trafficking, including of children. I being one of those people who believe video games can be art, and art can be used to trigger emotions and thoughtfulness, find this acceptable. The world is not all cotton candy.

The symptoms of this game's lack of polish are varied and many, I see...
The game does "lack polish" in certain areas, yes. But this particular example is not one of those, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they're taught properly, it's not an issue. Sure, accidents can still happen, but that's life. My dad used to ask me or my sister to bring his gun sometimes when he was about to clean it. He taught us not to point at anyone, and all that, so he trusted us. Guns by themselves are not dangerous, it's in the hands of the untrained/and, or mentally unstable that they become an issue.
Reminder, we're looking at gun-use in freaky Night City, not in our world!

Reminder, we're looking at gun-use in freaky Night City, not in our world!
The same thing seems to apply. No gun in night city operates independently, not that we've seen, anyway. They still require human interactions, either to pull the trigger, or program the system, as in defense turrets. I'd be more concerned with the fact i've seen kids with what looks to be Maelstrom level cyberware than one holding a pistol.

i found a different child with a huge golden 9mm sitting at the top of the stairs leading down to Viktor's shop. Could not target him or harm him with any weapons. Read somewhere that they drop the gun if you scare them, but i tried and it did not work.
I just want to figure out hw to get the gun, as it looks like a good one!

i found a different child with a huge golden 9mm sitting at the top of the stairs leading down to Viktor's shop. Could not target him or harm him with any weapons. Read somewhere that they drop the gun if you scare them, but i tried and it did not work.
I just want to figure out hw to get the gun, as it looks like a good one!
Not sure it would work, but generally, if you carry a corpse, NPCs are freaked.
You should be able to find some tygers not far from Viktor clinic (there is always two tygers on the right when you get out Misty shop) :)

Top Bottom