Problem Importing Witcher 3 Ps4 CD save to a PS5 Digital

+
Hi all,

A few years ago, I almost finished my Witcher 3 on a PS4 using a CD first and then downloading the digital version of the game, and since then, I have sold my Ps4 and the CD of the game. See savegames images below:

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Now weirdly enough I tried to download my digital version of the Witcher 3 on my machine but I couldn't find it so I purchased every possible PlayStation version available in the PS store I.E.

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (where I found I have progress and achievements already)

And

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Of The Year Edition (no progress and achievements)

Obviously, all versions (Ps4 and Ps5) of both games are available to download, and I installed them both on my PS5
IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

Now when I try to download my old PS4 saves to my console with both PS4 versions of the game I can't do it as no cloud saves are available for each game to see

IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1600.jpg

Now I'm confused and really don't know what to do. Funny enough when I try to go to my library a third version of the game appears (which I believe is the original digital version I owned)
IMG_1603.jpg

But is locked and I can't download it as when I try to click on it, it tells me is already installed. See the images below:
IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

No am I missing something? Can someone from the subreddit or from CDPR help? This is a mess, and I purchased the product already 4 times including the CD, the first digital version, and the two copies I bought from the store this week to get my savegames. Please note that all the games have been purchased in the UK and all the saves and purchases have been executed from the same PSN account.

As consumers, we have the right to know what's going on with our saved game files.

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

Last edited:
Hi all,

A few years ago, I almost finished my Witcher 3 on a PS4 using a CD first and then downloading the digital version of the game, and since then, I have sold my Ps4 and the CD of the game. See savegames images below:

View attachment 11334337

View attachment 11334340
Now weirdly enough I tried to download my digital version of the Witcher 3 on my machine but I couldn't find it so I purchased every possible PlayStation version available in the PS store I.E.

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

And

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Of The Year Edition

Obviously, all versions (Ps4 and Ps5) of both games are available to download, and I installed them both on my PS5 View attachment 11334343
View attachment 11334346
Now when I try to download my old PS4 saves to my console with both PS4 versions of the game I can't do it as no cloud saves are available for each game to see

View attachment 11334349View attachment 11334352
Now I'm confused and really don't know what to do. Funny enough when I try to go to my library a third version of the game appears (which I believe is the original digital version I owned)
View attachment 11334355
But is locked and I can't download it as when I try to click on it, it tells me is already installed. See the images below: View attachment 11334358
View attachment 11334361
No am I missing something? Can someone from the subreddit or from CDPR help? This is a mess, and I purchased the product already 4 times including the CD, the first digital version, and the two copies I bought from the store this week to get my savegames. Please note that all the games have been purchased in the UK and all the saves and purchases have been executed from the same PSN account.

As consumers, we have the right to know what's going on with our saved game files.

Many thanks in advance.

Nick
Not familiar with Playstation, but at first, if it's not already done, I suggest to send a ticket to the support (contact us button) :(
(if your "old" physical game wasn't a GOTY edition, no way to read your save on a GOTY PS4/PS5 version of the game (they are not considered as the same game > GOTY/regular).

Not familiar with Playstation, but at first, if it's not already done, I suggest to send a ticket to the support (contact us button) :(
(if your "old" physical game wasn't a GOTY edition, no way to read your save on a GOTY PS4/PS5 version of the game (they are not considered as the same game > GOTY/regular).
I understand, but I have downloaded every version available on the PlayStation Store how is it possible that my savegames are not compatible with any of the versions available? Did CDPR remove the original version of the game?

I understand, but I have downloaded every version available on the PlayStation Store how is it possible that my savegames are not compatible with any of the versions available? Did CDPR remove the original version of the game?
Yeah, very strange that the "regular" version doesn't recognize your saves from the "regular" version on disc. Normally, it really should :(
("maybe" and I say "maybe", the digital version and the physical copy of the game aren't considered to be the "same", which would be weird...).
Also if you take a look the regular PS4 version (not the GOTY), your achievements are unlocked (I guess you already unlocked quite a few at time), or like the saves, achievements still locked ?

Yeah, very strange that the "regular" version doesn't recognize your saves from the "regular" version on disc. Normally, it really should :(
("maybe" and I say "maybe", the digital version and the physical copy of the game aren't considered to be the "same", which would be weird...).
Also if you take a look the regular PS4 version (not the GOTY), your achievements are unlocked (I guess you already unlocked quite a few at time), or like the saves, achievements still locked ?
That's the money shot, the achievements of the regular version (not the GOTY one) are unlocked and as you can see there is a 40% completion which kind of reflects my playtime. Why my savegames are not seen if they've been made with the same PSN account and the same UK version?
Post automatically merged:

Please check out this info regarding save game transfer:

If none of that helps you can contact CDPR support by clicking on "contact us".
None of those tips helped. I will contact your support now thanks!

Last edited:
That's the money shot, the achievements of the regular version (not the GOTY one) are unlocked and as you can see there is a 40% completion which kind of reflects my playtime. Why my savegames are not seen if they've been made with the same PSN account and the same UK version?
Ok, so the achievements on the pict (40%) are on the version digital version, not the one with the "padlock" which I guess could be the physical copy ?
If yes, ok cool. So the system seem to recognized both as the same game. So maybe "just" an issues with saves import.

I'm having the exact same issue, I know it hasn't been long but I don't suppose you have a solutionyet?

There isn't a solution for it, you have to get the disc version to access the save and then upload it to the CDPR cloud to use it with different copies

This is likely because each different version of the game (on PS4/5 at least) has a different SKU and so the save is tied to that

I had a back and fourth with Sony for weeks after buying the digital version to access the save, still didn't refund me

Top Bottom