Problem: save from Witcher 2 and its influence

+
Problem: save from Witcher 2 and its influence

Hello, I have such a problem. When I started game, I picked option to import my saves from Witcher 2. I did it, but I did it wrong, because I picked (by accident) preultimate save. I didn't notice that saves are arrenged alphabetically (so I picked last manualsave instead autosave). The save I picked was the one before last meeting with Letho in Loc Muinne. Now I'm sure that I lost quest "ghosts from past" and can't meet Letho, because I checked it. But I don't know if my other choices moved properly. How can I check it? What do You think? I just started adventure in Novigrad, so please don't spoil too much. Only if u have any certain solution. In witcher 2 I went with Iorveth, I didn't kill Arjan, I rescued Saskia, didn't kill Letho (but it doesn't matter now), I killed Sheala.
One more question: Do You think that it's eventually worth to restart the game?

Thanks for responses !

Hey, it's the same with my problem, I didn't even know you could chose autosaves in the save import. As of Letho's involvement goes, apparently you can enlist him to help with the Wild Hunt and he later appears in the Main quest.

As far as I can see we could either restart the game or find where the choices are stored and change some variables manually. Now, I think these choices are stored in the game's current save files, only that I can't open them to read anything but gibberish (at least with notepadd++ I can't).

If u find something, tell me please. I do the same. As I know You are farer in game than me. Do You know if other choices are imported properly?

Yes, as far as I have seen they are imported correctly. But the only ones that appear to matter are whether you killed letho or not and whether you let Sile die or not. Others are pretty much retconed

Pretty much. As far as I've heard Iorveth doesn't appear at all and Roche treats you the same regardless.

EDIT: Searched through my latest save file and I did find some letho variables which might be modified in order to get him back to life. However the text arround them are pure gibberish, let me just give you an example: 7b_letho_farmsteada.BF.¨.3..f..W..C..æ..ƒ..Q."fi.w?I.|e...e...ê..,..`..&%.ð.ç.K.4Ø7B..í.Ð^Dðv..Ñ#'.ƒ...........................Ð']

Couple of other are the same so I have no idea what I should modify to get to a world state with him alive.

Well CD Red Project could give me a hint on what I could modify but I doubt they frequent the forums often enough to notice this post.

Last edited:
I have contact with support.

They said me till now:
"all your other choices from TW2 should impact TW3's gameplay.
If for some reason, the game failed to import_ the save correctly, a dialogue will be triggered in the end of prologue which will gather all missing information."
But it doesn't suit. No one asked me for anything.

Now I asked them if it is any option to bring Letho alive. If they response something meaningful, I will inform You.

EDIT: Where are located these files?

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up!

As for the files that I checked, they are common saves (saves usually make a note of what you have in your inventory, what quests have you completed and what quests are in progress, the state of the world at the time of the save, including any choices you might have made) and should be found in Documents/The Witcher 3/gamesaves. Also I opened them with Notepad++ and Ctrl-F after the word letho.

Top Bottom