problem with chironex

+
HI
I was playing as Francesca against Harald. I was holding the unicorn in my hand when I played the Chironex (on the melee row ) against a greatsword who had a value of 10 or 12. The result was it only killed 4 units when I was expecting it to take 8. Later in the same round when the unicorn was on the deck I used the renew and got back the Chironex and played it next to the unicorn on the ranged row and it took 8 this time. On the Chironex card and the unicorn card it doesn't say anything about which row it should be played on. So is this an issue?
Mark

I was holding the unicorn in my hand when I played the Chironex (on the melee row ) against a greatsword who had a value of 10 or 12.

The bold text might be your problem. Uni/Chiro have to be on the board now to get the double effect. Your statement indicates Unicorn was in your hand when you played Chironex. In this case it would not get the double effect because Unicorn needs to be on the board already, or vice versa.

Later in the same round when the unicorn was on the deck I used the renew and got back the Chironex and played it next to the unicorn on the ranged row and it took 8 this time.

In this case your statement indicates you had a Unicorn on the board when you played Chironex. It will get the double effect here.

Top Bottom