Problem with Clothing Mod Change

+
I noticed they made a change to the clothing mods where they now can't be used with clothes that are lower quality. So an epic mod can't be applied to a common pair of pants. I'm confused as to what drove this decision because a rare piece of clothe doesn't necessarily need a mod because it likely has high armor or some other stat. It's a lot more practical for a common shirt for example to use an epic mod. Suppose I like a shirt but it's only available as common, wouldn't it make more sense for players to have the freedom to keep the style they want without sacrificing stats? A lot of my clothes were uncommon because they just look better than the rare and epic items so I had to use mods to not die easily. Now that's not an option.

This change seemed unnecessary. If they needed to balance this then it would have been better to restrict the mods to street cred, isn't that why it's there in the first place.

The idea was (I guess) : possibly die more easily, avoiding the "tank" build.
And with the "correct" level, you can find almost every clothes in epic version in shop. It just require to find the shop and patience.

The idea was (I guess) : possibly die more easily, avoiding the "tank" build.
And with the "correct" level, you can find almost every clothes in epic version in shop. It just require to find the shop and patience.
I wish that was the case but I'm on my 3rd play through so I know certain clothes you just won't find in epic, believe me I have searched. I know some of the clothe mods were OP but so are the weapons and they locked the weapons behind the street cred mechanic so it's just so odd that they chose to not do that with clothe mods . The adverse effect this now has just isn't a good trade off in a game that emphasizes character customization.

I wish that was the case but I'm on my 3rd play through so I know certain clothes you just won't find in epic, believe me I have searched.
I said "most of clothes", clothes which are not available in shop are rare, very rare (believe me^^). With patience and a lot of "skip time - 24H", you can find almost all the clothes in epic (all the clothes who are in shops, are available in epic... You just have to refresh vendor inventory by skipping 24H as many times as it need to spawn in epic. I already skipped 50-100 times for a single jacket or dress)
But anyway, it's like that, we have to do with.

I said "most of clothes", clothes which are not available in shop are rare, very rare (believe me^^). With patience and a lot of "skip time - 24H", you can find almost all the clothes in epic (all the clothes who are in shops, are available in epic... You just have to refresh vendor inventory by skipping 24H as many times as it need to spawn in epic. I already skipped 50-100 times for a single jacket or dress)
But anyway, it's like that, we have to do with.
I mean it's something they just added so I wouldn't say it's written in stone. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure no one wants to spend hrs hoping something may or may not exists in the game in a random shop, in any case that's the point of this feedback. Hopefully it's changed in the future.

I mean it's something they just added so I wouldn't say it's written in stone. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure no one wants to spend hrs hoping something may or may not exists in the game in a random shop, in any case that's the point of this feedback. Hopefully it's changed in the future.
In fact inventory inventory are random (a double random).
Each clothes don't spawn each time in vendor inventory. And if it spawn, it spawn in a random version (better chance to spawn in epic after level 34 and increased until the 50)
The better thing to do, I think, it's to "remove" the randomization in vendor inventory to find way more easily the clothes that you want, in the version that you want :)

Top Bottom