Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

+
Can you even beat the Nilfgardian dude in Vizima (After you get there from White Orchard)? Because he seems to have some OP cards, tried going against him once and I thought I was doing great, until he started pulling cards twice the strength of mine.....

My OCD is killing me, I need to defeat him! But it looks like I'll have to go back there with a better deck.

Played him 5 times with my base deck+Zoltan from winning my first match.. Won 2 lost 3. So yeah it's possible if you get your tactics right and have some luck.

The quest Big City Players is bugged? It's marked as completed when I beat Marquis Serenity but she said to go fight the next player? Seems odd.

@Kaldea @blizzunit
As for the inkeep woman - you will be able to buy them from one of White Orchard's merchants in probably next patch.
As for the "tutorial guy" - his card can be found somewhere in world (no spoilers policy applied :p ) if you won't beat him. It might be hard to notice/find it but it is surely doable!

@JohnBlaster
Right now we do not have any markers just for Gwent but you can use merchant/inkeep ones (as most of them play gwent) or you can go to Journal and start tracking "Collect 'em all" quest that will guide you to some players related to this quest.

@Evilweed, Thanks for the info! Will keep an eye out. Glad to know that I will still be able to complete the quest even though I didn't beat the tutorial dude.

To all the REDs that were involved with Gwent:

I dislike card games and I find them dull and boring, but I find Gwent to be amazing and so addictive. It keeps the Players on their toes all the time, and it is so enjoyable and fast paced. It never gets dull. Gwent actually is one of my favorite parts of the Witcher 3, and this comes from the guy who doesn't even bother with card games.

You guys are very brilliant and talented.

I was a tad inebriated when I started TW3 and do not remember the tutorial. How do you build a deck so its not random what you sit down with?

You can't. It is 10 cards out of a minimum of 22... You probably also want some of the special cards ~ all the heroes you have, plus some decoy/weather/horn/scorch cards... which makes in more like 10 out of 30.

Drag the strongest cards available from the left pane to the right (for each faction individually). If you have more than 22 unit cards, move the weakest ones back to the left... Add or remove special cards to taste (I avoid having more than 6 in my hand at the moment (3 decoys, 3 weather cards)). Select between your faction commander using X... then make the best of your random hand from the deck you made.

For Scoi'atel and Monsters it may be advantageous to include more than 22 cards ~ they have mass deploy units which bring all cards with the same name from the deck when one is played. No where near actually fielding anything other than Northern Realms yet ~ though Nilfgaard is closest.

Does the baron's card have a lockout at some point? Meaning is their a point the story makes it unobtainable? Having trouble with him.

I currently have two of the Poor Fucking Infantry cards. According to that link you are suppose to start with one and then you can purchase two of them in midscope. I booted up a 20 hour old save file from before I visited the town and I have two in inventory and neither vendor sells them. Any clue on how I can acquire them or is my game glitched?

I really want that trophy!!

Last edited:
I have been able to win with the standard Northend Deck vs most but then I added 2 decoy and 2 commander's horn + 2 Spies + using Siege Commander Foltest. I got about 90% winrate and usually win the first 2 turns easily. Like one time I manged to get 250 attacking power thanks to using combo cards to double the strength and keep using decoy on spies that my opponent lays on me to get more cards to do more combos. I love this card game so much fun.

To be honest it dependes on the fans reaction - if there will be a strong push from the community we can talk internally about this.
The same goes for the box Edition.

So if you like Gwent let us know :)
I'll put it this way: I've yet to see someone who doesn't like it.

Love Gwent. Would love to share it with my daughter... who isn't at an age for W3 to be appropriate yet. (She'd like W3 too, but I'm not going to let her at it for years yet)...

Not sure how the 'deck building' would work... this is one of the things that makes it more interesting ~ starting with all the heroes and specials in deck would transform the nature of the game somewhat.

Not sure how the 'deck building' would work... this is one of the things that makes it more interesting ~ starting with all the heroes and specials in deck would transform the nature of the game somewhat.

Crowns could be involved. You start with an empty hand and let's say 100 crowns. Buy the cards and build your starting deck. Winning gives you more crowns to buy better cards and also unlocks new tiers for more difficult opponents.

EDIT: And of course multiplayer. I'd kick your ass :D :D Or maybe not. I suck at Gwent but it is a fine game and I would surely buy it for IOS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom