Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

+
One each of those is, but there are multiple cards of the same name (for most of the special cards and for most non-named units).

So I'm guessing... If I weren't able to get the Dandelion card during the "A Matter of Life and Death" side quest... My race is now lost for the achievement?

Nilfgaard seems fairly useful, it's basically the same as Northern realms, but they have stronger cards. I prefer the Northern faction ability, though (drawing an extra card), because so far I've encountered only 2 draws... so winning a draw is basically useless. And instant clear weather Foltest saved my skin more than once :D
Scoia'tael are pretty much useless and Monsters sound great in theory with their spawning of lots and lots of combat cards, but you have to have a lot of cards in your deck for the strategy to work. And they don't have any spies, by far the most useful cards in the game...

One each of those is, but there are multiple cards of the same name (for most of the special cards and for most non-named units).

Yeah I know that, but I want to have a full 199/199 collection and need the third weather/rain and second ballista/Albrich.

Nilfgaard can get the same amount of spies as NR, also has (together with monsters) the strongest leader ability in the game, the ability to draw an additional card from your opponents discard pile. Obviously the passive ability really sucks, winning during a draw is rarely is ever useful, the NR passive ability is vastly superior.
One thing Nilfgaard has going for it is the large amount of medics, 4 (without neutral heroes) vs NR 1 medic, Scoia'tael also 4 (I believe) and monsters 0.

Scoia'tael and Monsters.. Scoia'tael can atleast counter spy cards because they have medics, monsters are completely (imo) useless. Their muster ability can be useful occasionally, but it's a one trick pony, with bad luck you could pull 3 cards or more from your hand when using the muster ability, and because they have no spies 10 cards in hand is all they'll ever get (without neutral heroes or leader ability).

Last edited:
Nilfgaard can get the same amount of spies as NR, also has (together with monsters) the strongest leader ability in the game, the ability to draw an additional card from your opponents discard pile.
Do you know where to get the level 1 spy?
I already have the level 7 one (easily the worst spy in the game).
Also, where do you get that leader card?
Or is it just random and you have to get lucky?

Guys , to win a monster deck we need siege armies , the strongest one must be northen realm , combined with commander horn from the leader " siege master " , to be more solid , you will need a siege unit that have revive , surely no monster decks will stop you .

Nilfgaard strongest at spies , and close combat , no need bite frost ( decreased close combat units ) too many in your deck , the tight bond close combat units would be awesome .

The elves and monster I didnt play yet .

Hang on did cdpr invent this game? I've never played and at first thought it would be to easy or too hard, but i
Now I've won a few games and understand it, I'm totally addicted, part of why I luv it is collecting the cards though, I have beat everyone I've come across now and am looking for someone to challenge me

Great mini game guys, also makes great in game collectibles

Anyone else miss out on the Thaler card because the Innkeeper in Arnbjorn (sp) won't speak to you? I read online it's because I did a certain quest. I really hope it gets patched in, so close to my full collection.

One possible tip: it seems that the AI plays weather cards as soon as it gives it an advantage (and probably if it doesn't have enough cards for that row at hand). So if for instance you plan to win on siege cards, but don't have clear weather and are afraid that the AI has rain, you can play one siege card early, and if you get rained, you pass, saving the rest for the next round. Granted, I only tested it once or twice, so maybe some AIs are smarter and lure you into wasting more cards.

Do you know where to get the level 1 spy?
Also, where do you get that leader card?
Or is it just random and you have to get lucky?
The 3 nilfgaard spies are all random, what do you mean with level 1 spy?
Leader card is from gwent tournament, high stakes in Novigrad.

I finally started winning some games :D

I searched for some random gwent playes in velen, and found some that are easily beaten. I'm starting to build my cards deck, finally!

My trick, was to let some spies to the last round, and hope to get lucky... Some of them, I didn't really need them. In some games, I already knew I was going to win, even before the end of the first round.

I am finally enjoying gwent.

Thank you all for your tips.

Guys , missable gwent cards? I wanted to leave the gwent playing until I finished the game but now I hear that certain NPC's give you one time only cards.. is this true? but now they are gone I can't get them?

what do you mean with level 1 spy?
He's the dude with the monocle, he may be neutral, not Nilfguard, I'm not sure.
I randomly got the level 4 spy, and now my Nilfgaurd deck is actually starting to become better than my Northern Realms deck, I just need a good leader card.

Guys , missable gwent cards? I wanted to leave the gwent playing until I finished the game but now I hear that certain NPC's give you one time only cards.. is this true? but now they are gone I can't get them?

That is true right now, but CDPR is looking into fixing those that are broken by quest progression... So not once they patch it?

---------- Updated at 01:50 PM ----------

Nope there is one with 9 strength...

Hello everyone!

First of all : thank you, CD Project Red, for this incredible game. I am really want to see all DLC (real one I mean, "expansion-packs") and Cyberpunk 2077.

Now let's get to the topic:
I think all missable Gwent cards should be fixed by creating another opportunities to win them or just by option to buy them from some trader/innkeeper.

For example, I took the quest "A Matter of Life and Death", where was some Gwent tournament, but I sucked, because my deck was pretty bad. Than, after finishing that quest without winning and doing another quests for like 10 hours, I just google tutorial where to get all this cards, and guess what - I bought every single one, then I did several Gwen quests, but I found out, that I can't have all cards now, I have to start from this quest "A Matter of Life and Death", win the card and do everything again. For example, GTA V-alike option to replay just one quest, would helped me (I would start quest with my current gear and current deck). I assume that implementing such thing could be a real pain, so just place those cards to innkeeper stock, please?

He's the dude with the monocle, he may be neutral, not Nilfguard, I'm not sure.
I randomly got the level 4 spy, and now my Nilfgaurd deck is actually starting to become better than my Northern Realms deck, I just need a good leader card.

I think you mean Thaler, he is Termerian I am afraid. Purchased from an Innkeeper in Skellige.

Man, I wish a solid guide about how get all gwent cards. (A detailed guide that can be followed along with the story.) I already lost Baron's card and the card from the old lady at White Orchard.

Actually I wish that there is no card that can be lost at all.

I always lose my s**t when I play against the Monsters... F*****g muster ability... It seems that they have a lot of this cards with this ability.

Last edited:
Man, I wish a solid guide about how get all gwent cards. (A detailed guide that can be followed along with the story.) I already lost Baron's card and the card from the old lady at White Orchard.

Actually I wish that there is no card that can be lost at all.

I always lose my s**t when I play against the Monsters... F*****g muster ability... It seems that they have a lot of this cards with this ability.

Baron's shouldn't be a problems, however the end of that quest played out his card his card is available at his home in Crow's peak.

Muster is troublesome, it's a situation where you have to try your best to draw out a round the opponent plays as many muster cards as possible, without leaving your self bereft of cards. Not easy if you lack a solid card lineup, if monsters are giving you trouble try and work on a Decoy/Medic Nilfgard deck. It's probably the best type for applying pressure on all three rounds. You won't burst out the huge numbers that War Horn/Bond high number style Temeria decks, but you can fight the long fight a little better.

Top Bottom