Problem with lighting/brightness

+
my in game brightness got broken just by itself, every light source or even my character is completely black, same when I reinstaled game or restored default settings in game or in amd drivers... help '-'

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
You are on AMD GPU, so it's very easy to fix.
You have to clean reinstall a previous version of your Drivers ;)
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
And disable any kind of auto-drivers update.
(the last version of AMD Drivers introduce some problems with Cyberpunk)

Hi everyone
this issue still persists.I had cp working perfectly with AMD Adrenalin 21.11 drivers but other games I play suffered due to this rollback.
I had no choice but to update the drivers to AMD Adrenalin 22.2.1 drivers and unfortunately this issue is still there (please see attached picture)
Is this an AMD issue or CPR issue? and also when will it be fixed?

Attachments

• cyberpunk 1.PNG
    cyberpunk 1.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
It's a CDPR issue. It is not AMD, Nvidia, or Intel's job to make sure their drivers work with a broken game released over a year ago.

Dont use AMD... It may be an unpopular answer but I have never had strange problems like these or like the already confirmed foliage issue in Horizon Zero Dawn for using AMD.

Hi everyone
this issue still persists.I had cp working perfectly with AMD Adrenalin 21.11 drivers but other games I play suffered due to this rollback.
I had no choice but to update the drivers to AMD Adrenalin 22.2.1 drivers and unfortunately this issue is still there (please see attached picture)
Is this an AMD issue or CPR issue? and also when will it be fixed?
It's an issue with AMD Drivers (on RX 400-500 GPUs) and CDPR can't really fix it, AMD have to.
AMD is investigating the underlying issue.
It often happen that Drivers are updated for fix issues in specific games :)

For example, in the current version (Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.2.1 Highlights) :
Fixed Issues
  • On some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6700 XT Graphics, some users may observe flashing colored lights around their character when playing Fortnite™ using DirectX® 12.
Known Issues
  • While playing Cyberpunk 2077™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 570 Graphics, some users may observe an issue where indoor areas appear darker than expected.

Last edited:
It is AMD's job to try and not release drivers which create new issues in existing games (even ones with other problems!)
Nope. AMD has to make drivers that make new games work while still supporting thousands of other games in general. it is up to the game developers to fix their shit if it no longer works right with new drivers. Or hell, should AMD be responsible for every game from 1995 and up that can't be played on modern systems because their developers are defunct or moved on to other games?

Nope. AMD has to make drivers that make new games work while still supporting thousands of other games in general. it is up to the game developers to fix their shit if it no longer works right with new drivers. Or hell, should AMD be responsible for every game from 1995 and up that can't be played on modern systems because their developers are defunct or moved on to other games?
If AMD have introduced something that causes issues in a contemporary game (which CP2077 very much is) it absolutely is their business to look into it. And apparantrly that's exactly what they're doing.

Sorry for jumping in on such an old thread, but the forum won't allow me to post my question. What can I say? I'm a lurker, not a commenter!

I played the game back at in 2020. Lighting was no problem. I have an nVidia 1070 GTX card, not ideal, but everything ran fine. Then I put the game away to wait until there had been updates to see how much things had changed. I dusted off the game a few days ago and started a new playthrough.

But I can't continue because the lighting is so very dark that I can't see to play. The lighting has always been bac in character creation, but now unless I pick one of the light skins I can't see facial features at all. Outside, I can't see where I am going or whether people lurk in corners. Here's an example from Mama Wells' bar. I have brightness set to 100 on my monitor (an ASUS VG248 HDMI). Gamma in-game is set to 2 (the highest). I don't have HDR capability. Graphics drivers are up-to-date.
1666820298331.png

Sorry for jumping in on such an old thread, but the forum won't allow me to post my question. What can I say? I'm a lurker, not a commenter!

I played the game back at in 2020. Lighting was no problem. I have an nVidia 1070 GTX card, not ideal, but everything ran fine. Then I put the game away to wait until there had been updates to see how much things had changed. I dusted off the game a few days ago and started a new playthrough.

But I can't continue because the lighting is so very dark that I can't see to play. The lighting has always been bac in character creation, but now unless I pick one of the light skins I can't see facial features at all. Outside, I can't see where I am going or whether people lurk in corners. Here's an example from Mama Wells' bar. I have brightness set to 100 on my monitor (an ASUS VG248 HDMI). Gamma in-game is set to 2 (the highest). I don't have HDR capability. Graphics drivers are up-to-date.
View attachment 11326532
Weird :(
I could suggest if it's not already done:
To clean install your drivers or/and to perform a clean install of the game.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

Top Bottom