Problem with mod. Please help!

+
Problem with mod. Please help!

Hello

I have problem with changed textures.
I uncooked game, eksport texture "kaer_morhen_interior_floor.tga" and change it.
Then I import to .xbm but i always i have 2 errors
[Error][Engine] CreateMip: !IsValidDX11Format
.I tried changing texture format from tga to dds, bmp and again importing but always i have this errors. However, after these errors i have .xbm file but this file have 18.6mb (2048x2048 texture), it's probably weighs too much?
Next I cooked, build texture.cache, packed nad generate metadata.store and then paste my mod folder "modHDReworked" (inside is folder "content" with files: blob0.bundle, metadata.store and texture.cache) with to game_dir\mods, Next I go to game, load in Kaer Mohren but there's no change, Texture are original. :(
My bat files:
Import:
call wcc_lite import -depot=B:\Uncooked\ -file=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\kaer_morhen_interior_floor.tga -out=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Uncooked\environment\architecture\human\kaer_morhen\kaer_morhen_interior\textures\kaer_morhen_interior_floor.xbm
Cook and pack mod:
call wcc_lite cook -platform=pc -mod=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Uncooked\ -basedir=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Uncooked\ -outdir=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Cooked\
call wcc_lite buildcache textures -basedir=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Uncooked\ -platform=pc -db=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Cooked\Cook.db -out=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Packed\modHDReworked\content\texture.cache
call wcc_lite pack -dir=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Cooked\ -outdir=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Packed\modHDReworked\content\
call wcc_lite metadatastore -path=B:\WIEDZMIN_3\Mods\HDReworked\Packed\modHDReworked\content\

What am I doing wrong? Please help, This is important to me.

EDIT:
I changed armor texture and created mod - it works, why I don't can changed environment textures?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Could you just import as .tga again, or this causes other problems?
I tried more than 5 times and any changes. The problem rather lies somewhere else because when I change the any armor textures it works but when change textures from environment folder - in game don't working.

Terrain textures are combined into atlasses which then are saved as separate textures (embedded in terrain files themselves). After replacing texture asset you would have to force recreation of those atlasses. At least it kinda looked like that in Witcher2.

Well... in Redkit the atlas was rebuilding itself after adding new texture to it. The biggest chances we would have if wcc_lite exports those atlasses as TGA textures. If you could find those textures and edit them, then it might work.

Well... in Redkit the atlas was rebuilding itself after adding new texture to it. The biggest chances we would have if wcc_lite exports those atlasses as TGA textures. If you could find those textures and edit them, then it might work.
But I still do not fully understand. Where can I find these atlasses?

Dunno. In TW2 they were embeded in lores_terrain.w2l and .w2l files of specific tiles making the terrain. I don't have TW3 yet, so i can't find them for you.

Hey
I've checked your problem. Actually there is a bug in overriding textures that are part of textures arrays (i.e. terrain textures). It will be fixed in future ModKit update.
Thanks for reporting it and sorry for inconvenience.

Top Bottom