Problem with savegames on PS4

+
Quite a story so bear with me.

Back in 2016, already after having purchased regular version of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and both expansions and fulfilling the gameplay, me and my ex-wife (together at the time) decided to get the Witcher 3 GOTY for PS4 so we could walkthrough the game again on the comfort of the couch. Purchased in amazon.DE, All was well and we ended up having two runs with different endings.

Fast forward to 2020, we ended up divorcing and we split the games and she took the Witcher 3; Fast-forward now, really wanted to go though the game again in New Game +, so why not getting again the game again, I decided to get it again, Witcher 3 GOTY but this time from amazon.ES.

After installing and when going to run the game, I see there are no saves, but I still have them in the console, for that I am sure, so decided to take a look, and there's two instances of the savegames, one for the newly purchased game (only userSettings), and the old one. Decided to export it to a flash stick and ended up seeing different game ID's.

CUSA.png

This is really bummer, how come being in Europe we are getting different game versions?

I could return the game back to amazon.ES and buy it again from amazon.DE, for sure amazon would take it back, but wtf, why is this?

After purchasing both PC and PS4 versions of Cyberpunk and after three purchases of the Witcher, I never thought I'd be getting so much disappointment in not even being able to play my savegames.

Anyway, it's a rant, I know it's useless.

Just a guess, maybe both have different CUSA codes (playstation's zone).
Please note that if your game copy or account is from a different region than Europe it still needs to match with the game's CUSA code for it to work. In such cases we recommend creating a new account in that region.

You really don't need to guess, I posted the screenshot with both CUSA, but they're both from Europe, one is Germany and the other Spain.

You really don't need to guess, I posted the screenshot with both CUSA, but they're both from Europe, one is Germany and the other Spain.
Yep, sorry :(
But it's not something from CDPR (or any game studio). It's a Sony/Playstation feature (and it's the same on Xbox) :(

Yeah, it's a playstation thing. It will be the same issue for other games too...

For example, a while ago, I noticed the same problem when I accidentally started a game on my console while a different account was active (my account is Austrian, the other one was German). No matter what game I tried, it always acted as if there were no prior save games (and I'm not talking about CDPR games). So yeah, apparently that's how it is on Playstation.

I don't know if there is a workaround, but that's a question for Sony.

Top Bottom