Problem with Textures.

+
Problem with Textures.

Alright I've been having this issue ever since my Third playthrough after the 1.05 patch hit. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I have a pretty good feeling that had something to do with this issue I am having as it was not present in my first 2 playthroughs and 200 hours played of the game. but now it is absolutely everywhere, and is incredibly distracting.

The issue is, while the collision and mesh is fine, the textures aren't mapping onto it properly. I don't know what the technical term for it is, texture Mapping? Maybe UV mapping? I have taken several screenshots to demonstrate what I mean, and they are by no means all of the examples, it can be found everywhere in the game.

Is this a known issue? Is it happening to everyone or just me? I have no Idea what could be going on, I have tried reinstalling the game, but that didn't help any, and I tried removing my saves and starting a new game just to see if it was my save file got corrupted by the patch or something, but it is still happening.

Anyways, here's an imgur collection of some of the screenshots I have taken to show the issue.

http://imgur.com/a/2PpJI#0

thats not texture mapping; that looks far more like geometry/ tesselation issues
they are usually caused my corrupt game engine files etc
i notice youve removed your gamesaves; id recommend copying out the entire content of The Witcher 3 folder and trying again: this will essentially force the game to reset everything back to default.

do you run any MODS? or are you running the cheatengine codes to pause and use free camera etc? ive seen this happen when that is loaded.

thats not texture mapping; that looks far more like geometry/ tesselation issues
i notice youve removed your gamesaves; id recommend copying out the entire content of The Witcher 3 folder and trying again: this will essentially force the game to reset everything back to default.

do you run any MODS? or are you running the cheatengine codes to pause and use free camera etc? ive seen this happen when that is loaded.
nah, it's easier just to go to documents\the witcher 3 and delete user.settings file.
At next game start it will be recreated and you'll have the game fresh from factory

I don't run any mods, with the frequency of patches I don't feel it's safe to yet, and like I said I tried a complete fresh install once already. I copied my saves and put them in a backup folder, completely wiped the game out and reinstalled it, put the saves back in the save folder, and it didn't fix the problem.

I don't run any mods, with the frequency of patches I don't feel it's safe to yet, and like I said I tried a complete fresh install once already. I copied my saves and put them in a backup folder, completely wiped the game out and reinstalled it, put the saves back in the save folder, and it didn't fix the problem.
after installing maybe try an integrity check also. I have steam version and none of the issues descripted are afflicting my game, and it's heavily modded

after installing maybe try an integrity check also. I have steam version and none of the issues descripted are afflicting my game, and it's heavily modded

Well I tried it, again, and went around looking to see if it was still happening, even at areas in the screenshots which were big problem areas.

And this time it's fixed. I guess second times the charm. Very happy about that, it was annoying me to no end, even to the point where I didn't want to play. But now it's as it should be.

Thanks guys, problem solved.

Well I tried it, again, and went around looking to see if it was still happening, even at areas in the screenshots which were big problem areas.

And this time it's fixed. I guess second times the charm. Very happy about that, it was annoying me to no end, even to the point where I didn't want to play. But now it's as it should be.

Thanks guys, problem solved.

glad it helped :)

I am guessing you have an AMD card. The 15.5 drivers cause this problem. Set tessellation level to x8 or x16 in CCC and this problem gets fixed. Give it a shot if you ever come across this problem ;)

Top Bottom