Problems running Witcher 1

+
Hmm. Did you happen to click to click run? I always saved the file to my computer then extracted to a folder and ran setup from there. There shouldn`t be a reason to redownload the game and would save that for later.

EDIT: You can also try installing the VC Redist also from microsoft. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Yes and it downloaded many files from previous years
Post automatically merged:

Yes and it downloaded many files from previous years
Also should i download all the links from VC Redist or just one?

Last edited:
I don`t think it matters but we`ll go with the 2008 and 2010 versions. If you have a 64 bit system then you will need both X86 and X64 editions. Also if you use GOG Galaxy you have the ability to repair the installation of The Witcher instead of redownloading the entire game.

I don`t think it matters but we`ll go with the 2008 and 2010 versions. If you have a 64 bit system then you will need both X86 and X64 editions. Also if you use GOG Galaxy you have the ability to repair the installation of The Witcher instead of redownloading the entire game.
I downloaded the 2015-2019 visuals both x64 and x86,installed them and clicked repair.Then i went to gog repaired the witcher but the same error pops up.

It would appear this is trying to be a problem child. If you don`t mind go to the download link I posted earlier for the DirectX then save it to your computer. Once it`s downloaded then extract the file to a folder of your choosing. Then temporarily disable your antivirus then open the folder that you extracted the files to and right click the DX setup and select run as administrator. Once installed restart computer and make sure to reenable antivirus .

Great advices, the info from CDPR support might also be worth mentioning at this point:

Also, in some cases installing a much older GPU driver version might work better. The game is pretty old already and newer drivers sometimes cause new issues for the game.

Starting the game in compatibility mode could also be an idea (for example, Windows 7 compatibility mode)

Top Bottom