Problems running Witcher 1

+
Problems running Witcher 1

As it would seem, I need to register to play Witcher. I did so, and when I try to log-in through the game, it tells me "version 1.0 encoding utf-8?>". I know this is XML, but I don't know why I can't get the game registered.

Running Witcher on a Windows 7 with 2.8GHz AMD processor with NVidia Quadro NVS 285.

Any ideas?

PolishMafia1993 said:
As it would seem, I need to register to play Witcher. I did so, and when I try to log-in through the game, it tells me "version 1.0 encoding utf-8?>". I know this is XML, but I don't know why I can't get the game registered.

Running Witcher on a Windows 7 with 2.8GHz AMD processor with NVidia Quadro NVS 285.

Any ideas?

If original game then get the 1.4(TWEE) patch and appropriate language pack from the link . If you already have the language pack you will not need to download it again . This one does not require registration http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/ .

After patching to the 1.4 or if you have the Enhanced Edition already then download and apply the 1.5 patch . Then go to the Tages website and click on the 5.5 and choose the one that is appropriate for your system and follow the prompt to uninstall the Tages drivers . Then retry the game .

After verifying you have seen this post i will move it to TW 1 Tech section .

timowest said:
Installing the TWEE I get error 'The Witcher is not installed properly. Cannot be patched"
Can you describe for me how you set the TWEE up ? Also when installing the game did you run the setup as admin ?

I downloaded from your link and launching it has a set up wizard that I can only choose English, then next and yes to the agreement,then error.

here performance tester cores-4, sys mem 8191MB, Video mem 4044MB,
running W764, 3.1GHz AMD, 14G RAM.

as far as I know I installed as Admin. Only me on PC.

I was getting original error after install and trying to register.

timowest said:
I downloaded from your link and launching it has a set up wizard that I can only choose English, then next and yes to the agreement,then error.

here performance tester cores-4, sys mem 8191MB, Video mem 4044MB,
running W764, 3.1GHz AMD, 14G RAM.

as far as I know I installed as Admin. Only me on PC.

I was getting original error after install and trying to register.

Sounds as if your game is witcher 2 and not witcher 1 by the launching of the configurator . Also no need to register until after patching . Then register using your forum login info .
Try these
0->1.35 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch1-35/
1.35->2.0 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch2/

Tommy said:
If original game then get the 1.4(TWEE) patch and appropriate language pack from the link . If you already have the language pack you will not need to download it again . This one does not require registration http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/ .

After patching to the 1.4 or if you have the Enhanced Edition already then download and apply the 1.5 patch . Then go to the Tages website and click on the 5.5 and choose the one that is appropriate for your system and follow the prompt to uninstall the Tages drivers . Then retry the game .

I downloaded the TWEE, the 1.5 patch, and the TAGES. Upon installing The Witcher in Polish, I opened the TWEE and selected Polish. I get past the terms and conditions and an error appears saying I do not have the language pack. Not sure how to continue.

EDIT:I did just download the Polish language pack for the TWEE, a file in size 581MB. Continue with that?
EDIT 2: Alright so I downloaded the TWEE, TAGES, 1.5 patch, and the Polish language pack, and still cannot get any of these things running.

The language pack tells me I need to first have the TWEE installed. The TWEE now tells me I need to have registered my game first.

PolishMafia1993 said:
I downloaded the TWEE, the 1.5 patch, and the TAGES. Upon installing The Witcher in Polish, I opened the TWEE and selected Polish. I get past the terms and conditions and an error appears saying I do not have the language pack. Not sure how to continue.

EDIT:I did just download the Polish language pack for the TWEE, a file in size 581MB. Continue with that?

To setup the 1.4(TWEE) patch correctly you will need to create a folder and place both the 1.4 patch and the language pack in this folder . Then open the folder and you should see both files . Right click the 1.4 patch and run as admin . Patching should then proceed .
I will now move this to the appropriate section .

Tommy said:
To setup the 1.4(TWEE) patch correctly you will need to create a folder and place both the 1.4 patch and the language pack in this folder . Then open the folder and you should see both files . Right click the 1.4 patch and run as admin . Patching should then proceed .
I will now move this to the appropriate section .

Alright The TWEE just patched through. Will follow the steps you laid out before. Thanks a bunch!!!

Apollinaire said:
Is the Tages one a free download?
Not sure exactly what you mean . But i`ll try to explain . The original Tages drivers are not compatible with Windows 7 and 7 will block them from loading but they are still on the system . When you visit the Tages website and click the 5.5 it will then update when you choose which one you need either the 32 for 32 bit or 64 for 64 bit systems and will allow the removal of the Tages drivers completely . So yes the update is free .

Just as I thought all problems are resolved. I tried running the game and it replies to me that my pc doesn't make minimum requirements. I have a 128 MB Nvidia 285 quadro and 2.8GHz AMD dual proc. With plenty of RAM (4GB). Not sure what my problem is but I'm getting a new graphics card in the next month for sure. Might get a 3.3GHz proc and upgrade my RAM 2 4GB cards in preparation of Diablo. Thanks *Tommy* for the help though

PolishMafia1993 said:
Just as I thought all problems are resolved. I tried running the game and it replies to me that my pc doesn't make minimum requirements. I have a 128 MB Nvidia 285 quadro and 2.8GHz AMD dual proc. With plenty of RAM (4GB). Not sure what my problem is but I'm getting a new graphics card in the next month for sure. Might get a 3.3GHz proc and upgrade my RAM 2 4GB cards in preparation of Diablo. Thanks *Tommy* for the help though
Til your card comes in there may be a way to still play . Go to your witcher/system folder and right click the witcher exe if you haven`t done so already and send to desktop .

Then right click the shortcut and select properties and in the shortcut tab in the target line to the right and outside the quotation mark type exactly (space)-dontForceMinReqs and click apply and ok . It should look similar to the following
"E:\CD Project Red\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs

PolishMafia1993 said:
Laggy like hell, but it works. Much thanks *Tommy*

Yah that quadro isn`t much for gaming but it should give you an idea of what the game will feel like . You might be able to shut down all unnecessary programs which might help a little .

I have the same problem as the asker, but I really have a problem with Witcher 1 (Enhanced Edition). I followed the instructions, but I can't install the 1.5 patch. It says "Unable to identify the installed version. The upgrade is impossible."

I have the same problem as the asker, but I really have a problem with Witcher 1 (Enhanced Edition). I followed the instructions, but I can't install the 1.5 patch. It says "Unable to identify the installed version. The upgrade is impossible."
Might want to watch necroing a 8 year old thread
That message usually appears when the 1.5 patch is already installed and you can verify by going to your witcher installation folder and open the witcher/system folder and hover your mouse over the witcher exe. In the dialog box that appears there should be a version number. If it shows 1.5.0.1304 then the latest patch is installed. Additionally if your game is from Steam or GOG the the 1.5 patch is already installed.

I recently downloaded Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition.When I click Launch Game an error pops up saying "Executing code can't be continued because d3dx9_35.dll wasn't found."It recommends to re-install the game,which i did,but the same error pops up.Any advice?
Post automatically merged:

Might want to watch necroing a 8 year old thread
That message usually appears when the 1.5 patch is already installed and you can verify by going to your witcher installation folder and open the witcher/system folder and hover your mouse over the witcher exe. In the dialog box that appears there should be a version number. If it shows 1.5.0.1304 then the latest patch is installed. Additionally if your game is from Steam or GOG the the 1.5 patch is already installed.
I recently downloaded Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition.When I click Launch Game an error pops up saying "Executing code can't be continued because d3dx9_35.dll wasn't found."It recommends to re-install the game,which i did,but the same error pops up.Any advice?

Top Bottom