Problems with game crashes and hangs.

+
Hi im a long time gwent player from console that just started on pc a few weeks ago. I want to know two things. 1 : Why every single time I open a keg after I see all 5 cards my game crashes. 2 : Is it normal to have so many bugs in the start of the game?? At least 1/5 of my games either i get stucks on the redraw cards and i hear everything playing behind me but can't remove it so its insta defeat or it just stays on the loading screen while I still hear the game playing but screen is frozen then the game crashes. Im already in pro rank but its infuriating to lose so many games like this. Thx for answer

Hi im a long time gwent player from console that just started on pc a few weeks ago. I want to know two things. 1 : Why every single time I open a keg after I see all 5 cards my game crashes. 2 : Is it normal to have so many bugs in the start of the game?? At least 1/5 of my games either i get stucks on the redraw cards and i hear everything playing behind me but can't remove it so its insta defeat or it just stays on the loading screen while I still hear the game playing but screen is frozen then the game crashes. Im already in pro rank but its infuriating to lose so many games like this. Thx for answer

Welcome, @ThanosSnapchat !

Post moved!

In response to your questions, both sound like your game is either:

1.) Not fully updated and/or not fully synced with your console account.
2.) Suffering from interference from a 3rd-party program (like anti-virus, firewall, Windows Security).
3.) Conflicting with the hardware on your PC. For example, it's common for laptops, especially, to default to onboard video instead of the GPU. We need to know your specs to offer any support.

There are bugs in the game, yes, and there will likely be a few every time something is updated. That's the nature of ongoing programming, I'm afraid. However, the bugs you're describing here don't seem to be the ones that are being most reported with this version.

Thx for answer. I tried what you said and it still crashes just as much. Oh well
Post automatically merged:

My specs are AMD phenom(tm) II X6 1045T processor 2.70 GHz , Gpu is : AMD radeon HD 6570

Last edited:
My specs are AMD phenom(tm) II X6 1045T processor 2.70 GHz , Gpu is : AMD radeon HD 6570

What settings are you playing with? Judging from the setup, you might have to try very low settings. Hard to say how well Gwent can run on your computer, as it‘s very close to the minimum setting. It‘s not ideal. I‘m also curious how much GB Ram you have...

Definitely close every non essential background app while playing (especial programs with overlay), so your computer can focus on the game,

Tried everything you said in game is less crashy but kegs still crash everytime i open one. Right now im just opening 1 at a time then restarting the game rince and repeat. Have 10k ore tho so il just have to deal with 100 more crashes.

Other than what I already mentioned, you can always contact CDPR support.

It's the same link as before:

Click on "... Contact us" to send a ticket. Sadly, it does sound like your PC is not really up to the task.

My specs are AMD 4100 Quad 3.6 GHZ , AMD radeon HD 5700 1GB GRAM

with the above mentioned workaround I am able to play. So, its not your GPUprobably CPU is to slow.
After GOG Galaxy update I had to redo it and needed a few tries until I got it right. make sure in the "manage Installation" : edit , all boxes are checked and your secound/custom path is used.
feature should look like this:
"gwent.exe -force-feature-level-10-1"

btw: thanks a lot for the original post so I can play gwent:beer:

You reinstall the game you mean? I already tried that. Also I figured out that every single time someone plays scoiatel and they use the female flying leader my game crashes. I tried playing using her and it just crashed at the start 3x in a row.

reinstall/update GOG Galaxy to newest version (2.0 autoupdate was kinda buggy)

perhaps these screenshots may help you. Sorry mine is german version but the checkboxes and data features should be the same

Attachments

• AMDwa0.png
    AMDwa0.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 89
  • AMDwa1.png
    AMDwa1.png
    573.6 KB · Views: 77
  • AMDwa2.png
    AMDwa2.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 80
Yeah that helped I did it like you and it works fine now thx alot. Only problem now is it says cloud sync failed everytime i open the game.

I have noticed that in the faction quest window (on the left of the screen) I can see the quests that have been completed (they have a green tick on it) but the current points is at zero. Is this right? I remember in the past whenever I completed a faction quest I would get a point

3 times No: No NO nO to #Gwent #GoG . tried to make a nice f2p microtransaction game but failed in programming! 5 matches. 5 different crushes on the game. tried to post that in forums and not possible before you got 10 "comment points" [ . . . ]

- mousepointer Dissapears
- Deck freezes
-crush to desktop
-no connection
-endless connection on game start

this game is far behind a full version of a game.
not even talking about mobile game on samsung galaxy s9 but talking about a high enf PC full of RoG hardware.

and no, casual solutions like deleting temp and game folders, reinstalling, turning off advanced grafiks (LOL) is helping.

i am very disapointed. i saw the Gwent cup on twitch and it says everything about this.

ps: i tried posting on gwent webside in forums but (again big LOL) you cant post shit because you need "points" on answers to post stuff.... thats one way to face critics....

Last edited by a moderator:
ps: i tried posting on gwent webside in forums but (again big LOL) you cant post shit because you need "points" on answers to post stuff.... thats one way to face critics....
What "other Gwent website" are you talking about? This is the main, official one.

Top Bottom