Problems with gear leveling: Should I focus on min maxing or looking good?

+
One of the things that let me down in terms of enjoyment with gameplay is the constant snowball effect of the item leveling and you either have to chose something with the best level or you have to grind a ton to upgrade them yourself for eternity.

It is not immersive for a baseball hat to have more armor than a tactical combat vest just because of the level difference. I don't think that this is Borderlands, this is Cyberpunk m8.

Devs should understand that not all game mechanics are good for all games. You don't have had to implement a leveling system like this at all.

The least they can do is giving and option for us to disable this entirely so we can focus on enjoying the game instead.

Yeah at the moment the game is probably not difficult enough to worry about armor. Hopefully at some point we will get transmog, and then we can max both armor and aesthetics.

Go to the "big" ripper doc in the Kabuki Markets at SC 10 or higher and get the 200 Sub Dermal.

You now have a base for gear. Then you just pick a style and work on getting stuff with at least 1 mod slot.

Do the Panam quests to rescue Saul and get the Armadilio crafting spec (there is another spot it may drop but the Saul quest is the only one I remember). Now you just upgrade the Armadilio slots in year gear.

Problem vanished with upgrading gear....

1611641569481.png
Things like this conversation check point where you must go through both options fully with Takemura and cannot dismiss him and the following conversation with Johnny where he is actually less of a prick than V and you have no choice but to be a prick. These are far more disruptive for me than managing gear.

That's before we get to simple things like that V has no idea what the date is, and yet the whole story hangs on the passage of time...

If you aren't doing melee then go for looking good cause with a decent build clothing stats are next to meaningless currently. In my opinion.

From a gameplay point of view: depends on your difficulty settings.

From a lore point of view: style over substance.

Mod slots are all that matters. You'll end up with Armadillo mods that add 240+ armor per mod, making the base stats of the armor somewhat meaningless. Find something stylish with 3-4 mod slots.

Go for the looks. My V never used hats (because they all suck) and my clothing was far behind my level too, style over substance. The clothing's base armor value did not matter too much anyways, few installed armadillos and cyberware gave me more than enough bulk to survive most things just fine. Just take the tech-weapon users down asap and all is fine.

Yeah at level 50, and with the best armor I could find after 200 hours of gameplay, I did not expect to look like what I ended up looking like.

It's easy enough to fix, a variety of sets of armor sets could be added, heil--that could be mission material there. Go find find 7 pieces of armor to complete a set and there are a variety of sets per character build. You'll have to craft the 6 pieces you find to the Special outfit you'll have to find or craft to complete the set, and when you do, you'll have an armor suit with better protection than just wearing all the individual pieces together.

In addition to that it would be cool to be able to create the armor suit and equip it to the "Special" outfit selection box and still be able to add head, upper body, and lower body to their now empty respective slots, the Suit+More Armor

I'd like more than one set of best armor, but if the devs only wanted to do one, I think it be cool to have one in the style of each group (Nomads, Corpo, Streetkids)

One of the things that let me down in terms of enjoyment with gameplay is the constant snowball effect of the item leveling and you either have to chose something with the best level or you have to grind a ton to upgrade them yourself for eternity.

It is not immersive for a baseball hat to have more armor than a tactical combat vest just because of the level difference. I don't think that this is Borderlands, this is Cyberpunk m8.

Devs should understand that not all game mechanics are good for all games. You don't have had to implement a leveling system like this at all.

The least they can do is giving and option for us to disable this entirely so we can focus on enjoying the game instead.

as people have said armor is mostly about the mod slots. you need an armadillo crafting spec, which puts out armor mods that match your level.

you can get one in box really early from an ncpd assault by the east side of Watson, close to the border of northside/kabuki its a garage with some maelstrom in it.

just go for style
had no issues on very hard difficulty

you can get a legendary samurai t-shirt with 4 mod slots pretty early during the ballad of buck reavers quest

If you doing a netrunner build wear whatever gear don't matter at all you will kill everything everywhere without take any damage anywhere.

If you go for tech weapons is almost like netrunner build just kill through walls.
If you have gig in building, stand outside and kill as many as possible through the walls before going in and doing the objectives.

If you want to use melee you need armor here depends on your difficulty setting and skill to avoid damage.
But after about level 20 when you can get all or most relevant perks and skills for melee build of your choice armor do not really matter much anymore since the whole build will be about one hit killing everything and dodging and slowmo almost 100% of the time and berserking every 20 seconds or so for 10 seconds.

Armor points aren't really what it will break it for you, but a really good way to always wear what you want and be up to the max is wasting some points in crafting. I did some levels for crafting in order to upgrade what I find and had several different outfit sets I would cling on to and just upgrade.

I only wear what looks cool, i ride a lot around on my Kusanagi. So i dont like to look at a complete mess of clothing composure. Playing on Hard atm, bullets bite a bit sure, but apropriate use of cover and stealth usualy gets the job done.

Top Bottom