[PROLOGUE] can't cast AARD to clear stairs (problem solved)

+
[PROLOGUE] can't cast AARD to clear stairs (problem solved)

Ok. I feel pretty stupid but I am having difficulty with the most basic of the game. I'm standing before the block stairs and I'm suppose to cast aard. I move the mouse over the aard sign on the left hand corner and it sez to press 1 to cast it - so I press the number '1' and it flickers a little but nothing happens (I just visited the sigil which added this new icon on the left side so i'm pretty sure i have it). No matter how many times I press it nothing seems to happen (i'm standing infront of the blockage next to leo. No matter where i move the mouse around the blockage it remains a little dot.So I feel pretty stupid but what exactly do i do to move foward ?--How odd I had to click the right button on the mouse instead of the number 1 to cast it...Oh well

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the "1" just selects the sign you want to cast, you do need to right click to actually cast it (or to click on the icon itself in the HUD) :witchmas:

Clicking on the icon in the HUD also selects it ... I've had issues with signs deselecting in "no violence" areas before.I right-click in combat expecting the sign to be cast, only to get hit a few times before realising I don't have a sign selected.

Well, it would be nice *cough hint patch cough :p* if the game remembers which sign you had selected, once the situation is no longer "safe."Much like it remembers which sword style you used last when you left-click on a hostile.I mean, is there a reason not to have any sign selected?

I'm sure I mentioned it in some CDPR asks community thread or somesuch ... could be memory playing tricks, tho.

I am having the same problem as jake21, but no matter what I try I am still unable to cast Aard. I've tried restarting the game from the beginning, downloading and installing the patch 3 times, unloading and reloading the game on my computer and holding down '1' while right clicking the mouse. I've even pressed every single key on my keyboard in case something was crossed but all to no avail. I have the Aard icon on the left side of the screen and it flickers when I press '1' but that's all it does (though it's outlining circle is incomplete if that is the problem). My Endurance (yellow bar) is full and I have tried casting Aard on almost every single pixel in the pile. Am I doing something wrong or is my copy just intentionally trying to drive me insane??!!
jake21 said:
Ok. I feel pretty stupid but I am having difficulty with the most basic of the game. I'm standing before the block stairs and I'm suppose to cast aard. I move the mouse over the aard sign on the left hand corner and it sez to press 1 to cast it - so I press the number '1' and it flickers a little but nothing happens (I just visited the sigil which added this new icon on the left side so i'm pretty sure i have it). No matter how many times I press it nothing seems to happen (i'm standing infront of the blockage next to leo. No matter where i move the mouse around the blockage it remains a little dot.So I feel pretty stupid but what exactly do i do to move foward ?--How odd I had to click the right button on the mouse instead of the number 1 to cast it...Oh well

Well in my case i did not understand the user interface. The tutorial dialog sez to hit 1. However, this merely selects which AARD to cast. The solution was to hit the right mouse button to cast it.For some strange reason i keep thinking the right button is parry (but it isn't it is cast selected sign).

@Stormcallerinabq You don't need to hold down '1' and right click. When you hit a number you just select a sign, right click does the action (should do it). To check if right click for signs work at all, you can right click a selected sign, hold down right click. An upload bar (rhombe) should appear, it indicates the up load (strengthens) of the sign. When it's full, release right click... I keep my fingers crossed you blast the strongest wall ;D

BLESSED BE!! I just found something that worked. For some reason I have to DOUBLE click the right mouse button to cast Aard. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. May your enemies blades chip and shatter!

I just bought The Witcher: Enhance Edition from Steam and I am having the exact same problem 7 years later. I cannot cast the AARD sign to remove the rubble from the stairs therefore I cannot advance in the game. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked!

Is there ANYONE out there that can help?

Top Bottom