Prologue DLC needed?

+

Is a prologue-DLC needed/wanted?

• Yes, we need to flesh out the story a lot more!!

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • No!!

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I don't know...

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
In the main-game we skipped 6 months after meeting Jackie before we start the main-quest in the garage, heading up the elevator to rescue the woman.

Curious001.jpg

How about a DLC is made to cover these 6 months, so we can get to know Jackie in various missions? Of course you'd need to structure the leveling-system a bit, so you don't get overpowered during the Heist through normal game-play (in other words, slower xp-gain), and you don't have much cybernetics until you cross a threshold, say at the time you have reached what is the beginning-point of Cyberpunk 2077 right now. The 'mission' for these 6 months is to get the apartment (you live with Jackie and his mom) and the car.

Yup, you need to hire the VA's for a lot more dialogue-lines, and of course mama Welles home.

The reason I post this is because I feel that the game is too short. If you only play the main-missions, it's very short. The side-missions gives more content/texture to the world you're inhabiting, but they aren't the main dish, just side-dishes.

One positive effect besides making the game longer is that the player gets to know Jackie and many other people a lot better. Not to mention you don't need to create 3 different life-paths beyond when they get to Night City, only one path should suffice.

JagoA

Forum regular
I'm down for this, and IMO they can just retcon it so that you can properly get introduced to each of the individual fixers and have an interesting quest line for each of them. I hate how impersonal the fixers were introduced to us currently. Though if this DLC were to happen I would NOT want it to include meeting judy/panam all the other characters besides fixers who we met for the first time in the base story, not down to retcon how you meet those characters.

I'm down for this, and IMO they can just retcon it so that you can properly get introduced to each of the individual fixers and have an interesting quest line for each of them. I hate how impersonal the fixers were introduced to us currently. Though if this DLC were to happen I would NOT want it to include meeting judy/panam all the other characters besides fixers who we met for the first time in the base story, not down to retcon how you meet those characters.
Although, I will amend that I think it would be interesting to somehow have a kinda fly-by encounter with River before you meet him. I don't know how, but he's in the story so little that I think it would be nice to see anything. Judy and Panam are huge, Kerry is seen multiple times (for obvious reasons), so I think River getting getting an unofficial introduction earlier would be nice.

Although, I will amend that I think it would be interesting to somehow have a kinda fly-by encounter with River before you meet him. I don't know how, but he's in the story so little that I think it would be nice to see anything. Judy and Panam are huge, Kerry is seen multiple times (for obvious reasons), so I think River getting getting an unofficial introduction earlier would be nice.

I forget River+Kerry have fans :p, but yeah absolutely. Could just be a side-gig and you change the mission dialogue in his actual quest-chain slightly if you've met him before.

Though tbh I think River+Kerry have larger problems that need addressing for their quest chains+romances.

I voted i don't know because at this point i'd rather see whats after your ending and see how things play out rather than go back knowing i'll have some sort of emptyness at the end

I think the general consensus when it comes to non-bug related stuff is we need more story in general. xD

Last edited:
I'm indifferent about this but in one regard.

Jackie was pretty well developed character and then he dies, that is part of characters purpose. Now why in the world I would like to spent a lot of time with him knowing how it's going to end?

Couple of mission, phone calls, those would make sense.

Sken

Forum veteran
I voted no.

After bug fixes and stability improvements, their best bet is to release meaty expansions. These expansions would hopefully enrich Night City with an abundance of quality quests with branching narratives, and meaningful choice and consequence.

I feel the expansions is their opportunity to bring a lot more life to Night City, add new stories and characters, add in unfinished game systems to the base game, and tell a tale focusing on the main character as a mercenary trying to survive in Night City.

A common theme is that the main game is starving of quality side content in comparison to the Witcher games. The expansions are the opportunity to focus on quality quests instead of the checklist style GIGS.

If they released two quality expansions the size of Blood and Wine that helped fill some of the gaps of the base game, that would be my preferred scenario.

Apart from being a nice to have, I am not sure adding a prologue DLC would do much really, as there is still many areas in the rest of the game that need addressing.

Jackie was pretty well developed character and then he dies, that is part of characters purpose.
He wasn't. That's the problem. It's also not just about Jackie. It's for EVERYONE. T-Bug, Vik, Misty, his mom, Padre, and especially all the fixers. They all need proper introductions. None of this phone garbage. This would than fix story problems with the other two LP's. Why do you think Padre introduces himself twice. Because they added his phone line at the last minute. Because he's only introduced in the Street Kid LP.

Yes! I want more Jackie, more T-bug, More Aristotle! More fat-ass, Black-Jesus of the Afterlife...
Personally, I love Silverhand. Reeves nails the rockerboy role perfectly.
But Jackie Wells is so much better. Until then... Shot of vodka on the rocks, lime juice, Ginger beer, and a splash of lo-o-o-ove.

edit: I don't care if another game-level dlc w/ the "Squad" breaks the level curve. The vanilla, base game engine is boring anyway. Bring on the extra perks and synergies.

He wasn't. That's the problem. It's also not just about Jackie. It's for EVERYONE. T-Bug, Vik, Misty, his mom, Padre, and especially all the fixers.
This is subjective. Not everyone thinks like this and not everyone is going to adapt your view regardless how much you try to argue about it.

It's especially true about T-Bug, though. T needed more fleshing out because most of us hardly care when she dies. We don't have an emotional connection to her like we do with Jackie (and Jackie deserved a little more). V's shouting and upset about it, but why should we care? Even an optional job or two where she's in our ear and we can talk to her a little more would've gone a long way.

I think its the most likely huge story DLC we can expect. For me V's story after finish the game is complete. If developers decided to make some kind of magic cure, the whole narrative will be ruined for me.

I think its the most likely huge story DLC we can expect. For me V's story after finish the game is complete. If developers decided to make some kind of magic cure, the whole narrative will be ruined for me.

I think it could work as a really hard to unlock new ending.
It's already explained that it's a nanite issue (in one of the endings anyway) which restructured V's body. Whose to say there's no nanite expert who can reprogram them to fix the body to fit V's engram instead, or introduce new nanites to achieve the same effect? Arasaka and Alt dismiss this possibility, but they may be operating on the assumption that such a thing is impossible (or simply not worth the effort) to achieve within the 6 months V has left - Neither is perfect and may be overlooking a method of fixing up V within that time limit.

Nah choomba, that 6 months is left to your own imagination /interpretation. V had a life change and had to adapt. I love the montage and don't want it fleshed out.

I want the actual game as it was intended before anything new

Top Bottom