[PROLOGUE] help with the Frightener

+
SPOILERS!The only way to defeat the Frightener is to have the bell and both cauldrons ringing. Only then will the frightener be stunned and vulnerable to attack. I have run the fight repeatedly and the frightener is never stunned and therefore never vulnerable. The problem is that even if you ring the bell by hand Geralt lacks enough energy to ring both cauldrons without a delay between the two so the monster can't be beaten. Any ideas, other than going for the lab with Triss instead?

You know you dont need to Aard the little bell right? You just ring it by hand.I've never had an endurance problem, hit the first one, run to the bell ring it, by the time i get to the second i have enough to hti it too without OWl.. Owl just assists on the second run.If you are stopping to fight or aarding the foes then this may be the problem. Clean up the bulk of salamandra before you go and ring away, then just focus on the frightner.

Gibberer said:
I'll try again but the beast seems to recover awfully fast.
It should show a mini-cut scene when it is vulnerable, that will let you know you are in the clear. Also, if you clean up the majority of the salamandra the other witchers will be able to help put some pain on the beast. With their help it only took 2 runs of the bells to get it down on Hard.

Finally did it! Silly me, not realizing you had to be right on top of the cauldrons when you hammered them with the sign. :-[

I've never even had to fight the frightener at all. I simply keep the bell and cauldrons ringing and eventually Vesemir and the boys kill the beast. voila, no potions necessary at all and no damage taken, just avoid running into the animal's path as you run around.

Top Bottom