Prologue: Which Do You Prefer?

+
Prologue: Which Do You Prefer?

Specifically the reward of the meteorite which means you can have an improved sword in chapter 1 or the sapphire and Cat recipe? Personally I prefer the improved sword and also see Geralt as the sort not to run out on his witcher brethren, also finding a much better sense of growing concern and menace as soon as the first mutant appears on the bridge in Chapter 1, but that's just my opinion. :)Yours?

I prefer running to the Laboratory, for the following reasons:1. It's fairly obvious Geralt has a thing for Triss.2. Both Triss and the other Witchers suggest the Laboratory is very important.3. The extra cash at the start of Act I (from selling the sapphire) is very badly needed.I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

I can't really say prefer... but the first time I chose to defend the lab with Triss because the Witcher secrets are very important and I thought 4 Witchers are strong enough to defeat a monster. And yes, now as you mention it, Gorthuar, the money for the saphire is highly welcomed :)The Frightener to forge the red meteorite ore... nice tempation but it also brought me an other financial problem in Act II ;D

I prefer to help Vesemir and the witchers, because i love this battle! ;D I only did the battle with a mage two times, i always choose the Frightener. ( That means, GameWidow, you can leave any Frightener to me, if such an emergency appears, and i 'll leave the mage to you. I 'm afraid of mages. ;) )

PetraSilie said:
I can't really say prefer... but the first time I chose to defend the lab with Triss because the Witcher secrets are very important and I thought 4 Witchers are strong enough to defeat a monster. And yes, now as you mention it, Gorthuar, the money for the saphire is highly welcomed :)The Frightener to forge the red meteorite ore... nice tempation but it also brought me an other financial problem in Act II ;D
YES YES YES :DI do really thought the same on my first time playing...... still remember...it was fantasting, stunning (well still it is when i restart the game)And the battle with the frightner is so boring...... ::)

I like to "fight" the frightener and just stand around .. see if it actually kills any of the other witchers.What? :evil:

"Curiously Immortal" guffaw! That describes many of my problems! (Mainly critters with claws and carapaces)I go with Triss so Leo can yell encouragements from across the room and feel like he's actually helping.

I go to the lab. Vesemir AND Eskel AND Lambert should be more than enough for one lousy frightener, and I think the secrets in the lab are the most important thing. (The flashbacks you get when you talk to Kalkstein on the bridge also suggest that this is so.)As for the sword, I buy a blue meteorite from Haren Brogg and have a 3-meteorite sword by the end of Chapter 1, anyway.

I actually prefer not to fight the frightener, no matter the rewards. I think, consequence wise, the story is much more interestingknowing you've intercepted something before it could arise as a problem. :peace:

technically, same here ... i've gone for the lab almost every time, i've only fought the frightener twice

gorthuar said:
I prefer running to the Laboratory, for the following reasons:1. It's fairly obvious Geralt has a thing for Triss.2. Both Triss and the other Witchers suggest the Laboratory is very important.
First time I played I went to the lab for the above reasons (Don't mind Triss myself either)But everytime after I got the meteorite, Triss will always be there anyway and I love my shiny swords.

The frightener seems like one of those monsters you have to fight indirectly with objects like in other games, even ancient ones.It's not really a direct fight and not only that, but you don't get to do it alone either, sucks a bit.

On my first playthrough I decided to combat the frightener and after being uttterly and mercilessly slaughtered, reloaded and limped off to do the lab.....I've yet to try the frightener again....I agree though, it doe seem like the plotline intended for the player to go to the lab. Besides, I'll take a mage or two over a frightener any day.

Same hereOn my first dancing with the frightener....well it was just frightening! It took me a while to understand how i could just smash it down as it always reversed to me and left the other witchers alone. And any time, he knocked me down, stunned me, made me lose a LOT of vitality........hell, did anyone say Triss needed some help? here i am........

Top Bottom