Prologue: Which Do You Prefer?

+

Forum veteran
Nothing but cowardly remarks about the frightener from members who probably never even looked at the tutorial tips? :hmmm:That I bet would've made the difference. But I do agree that protecting the lab is the right thing to do.I mean, you got experienced Witchers handling a beast (normal), and then Geralt can check-out a plot character (interesting)... :peace:

Having tried the Frightener *ages* ago, I wonder... how does Geralt learn Aard in this case? During the trip to the lab, there is an entire sequence dedicated to that end, but how is it handled in the frightener case? Obviously the circle is right there in the lab, but a new player who chose the frightener doesn't have Leo telling him to go there, so might miss it altogether. Do the other Witchers tell Geralt to try and re-learn Aard, after Javed's and the Proffesor's escape, or what?I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

56236 said:
Nothing but cowardly remarks about the frightener from members who probably never even looked at the tutorial tips? :hmmm:That I bet would've made the difference. But I do agree that protecting the lab is the right thing to do.I mean, you got experienced Witchers handling a beast (normal), and then Geralt can check-out a plot character (interesting)... :peace:
Well, it is not so obvious (at least not for me and my very simple mind :-[ ) You have to bang all the cauldrons together at the same time, to stun the beast. And you should not waisting time in fighting other salamandra if you wish to end the suffering pretty soon. I know, i know, they're worth a bit of xp.....but, in my opinion, who cares? you can do a lot in the next acts, so better k.o. the beast soon ::)
56236 said:
Having tried the Frightener *ages* ago, I wonder... how does Geralt learn Aard in this case? During the trip to the lab, there is an entire sequence dedicated to that end, but how is it handled in the frightener case? Obviously the circle is right there in the lab, but a new player who chose the frightener doesn't have Leo telling him to go there, so might miss it altogether. Do the other Witchers tell Geralt to try and re-learn Aard, after Javed's and the Proffesor's escape, or what?
ooooh.........that's a curious point....I've never thought about that.....

The battle with the frightener is after you have learned the Aard sign. You clear the blocked exit of the castle using Aard, get out with Leo, at courtyard, and then you find the situation where you have to chose who will you help. If you don't learn Aard you can't continue the game.

The option to go to the lab is what I usually choose because it is more in line with how I read the character relationships and how I like to play Geralt.However, I occasionally play the frightener option just because I really like the animation of Triss startling the witchers by suddenly falling injured out of a teleportation hole at the end of their battle. It's rather like watching four brothers suddenly realize that they should have been taking better care of their plucky little sister--not that I think Triss is at all weak, but she did tackle a powerful mage, a notorious assassin, and however many miscellaneous thugs on her own.

I found fighting the frightener much more fun because you're actually fighting a beast of sorts. The lab mission seems pretty normal and besides you only get to fight a beast that size here and nowhere else, maybe some great Kikimore but that's it. I find it rather fun :)

Well, there's the zeugl battle too. Anyway, you're right, there isn't something like the frightener's fight in the game. But if i've not understood bad, maybe there could be something similar in TW2 (peeping the new latest leak video). But this is not the appropriate thread ;D... sorry

Sapphire and cat recipe. The cat potion is very useful in my opinion, and I save the sapphire for the blue eyed girl later in the game.

Top Bottom