Proof that the 6 month montage with Jackie was definitely cut content

+
Is that for the nomad path? Because for the street kid the padre interaction makes sense.

lets keep em coming. CDPR community managers i hope you're noticing that WE are picking this stuff up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kdvp10

There is nothing new about the anticipation of the game. The CD executives, in my view here, assumed this when they spoke of 'underestimations'. Perhaps the novelty is due to the censorship that gamer design decided to do when it launched the game ... confessed here in the community, including ... saying something completely different from everything we have seen and officially read by the CD since 2012 about Cyberpunk and about censorship ...

LEGIT, I think we should at least have 6-10 hour more content adventure with Jackie alone in the actual "prologue" act or should I say the missing Act 1 for each life paths. The fact that the game only have 2 Major Acts is simply weird af imo.

Also, personally a 5-6 months gap (montage) in story perspective that suddenly a nomad/streetkid (stranger) V all buddy-buddy with Jackie just doesn't cut it imo. I would think it could at least take a year or so instead. Very unfortunate that CDPR had to cater to the least common denominator of making the main story shorter.

Idk, maybe CDPR could "fix" this via DLCs (memories with Jackie missions) or story expansions or something. Jackie deserved more imo.

LEGIT, I think we should at least have 6-10 hour more content adventure with Jackie alone in the actual "prologue" act or should I say the missing Act 1 for each life paths. The fact that the game only have 2 Major Acts is simply weird af imo.

Also, personally a 5-6 months gap (montage) in story perspective that suddenly a nomad/streetkid (stranger) V all buddy-buddy with Jackie just doesn't cut it imo. I would think it could at least take a year or so instead. Very unfortunate that CDPR had to cater to the least common denominator of making the main story shorter.

Idk, maybe CDPR could "fix" this via DLCs (memories with Jackie missions) or story expansions or something. Jackie deserved more imo.

And we, USERS, need a 'short' story...errr...why? I have time, in old, im my future, only the paradise... :3

Like this...the 'short' version...
lol.jpg

It's also pretty plausible that the whole thing with the Padre is nothing but an ordinary oversight. In the grand scheme of things the only part that makes this a bit inconsistent is the timing of the dialogue. In a crunch that's exactly the kind of fridge logic that will slip through while everyone is focusing on putting out bigger fires.

It's also pretty plausible that the whole thing with the Padre is nothing but an ordinary oversight. In the grand scheme of things the only part that makes this a bit inconsistent is the timing of the dialogue. In a crunch that's exactly the kind of fridge logic that will slip through while everyone is focusing on putting out bigger fires.
along the game you will notice a lot of placeholders and inconsistencies, feels like midway the whole team changed or something like that

TO his point i believe the OG Witcher 3 develop team is long gone, either changed job or anything, CDPR just borrowed the fame they got from W3 and milked the profit.
its well known now that over 60% of the OG witcher team that new the game and the RedEngine code are long gone.

along the game you will notice a lot of placeholders and inconsistencies, feels like midway the whole team changed or something like that

Possible. But honestly the same could happen by simply having a large team under pressure. I think a lot of people underestimate how hard it becomes to have a good overview of a production this large until very late in the process.

Just regarding quests and story the credits list separate teams of "Story", "Quests", "Open World", "Encounter Design" and "Cinematics", with each team listing around 15-20 names. I'm probably overlooking other relevant people. Any miscommunication or errors that slipped through (which will be multiplied during crunch) would then have to be picked up by the "Narrative QA Analysists", which are listed as just 12 people including a coordinator. That's a lot of potential points of failure for a dozen of people to check on. And since QA comes last in a production they're pretty much always end up being rushed. For every inconsistency that slipped through I'm sure there are loads we didn't see.

I'm sure there's loads of cut content, but the whole thing with the Padre seems much more like a good old-fashioned oversight to me.

TO his point i believe the OG Witcher 3 develop team is long gone, either changed job or anything, CDPR just borrowed the fame they got from W3 and milked the profit.
I am starting to believe this too sadly. I feel the CDPR today is nothing like we knew during and before Witcher 3. Some of the marketing moves they pulled just in the last year... they were the first red flag.

And we, USERS, need a 'short' story...errr...why? I have time, in old, im my future, only the paradise... :3

Exactly. Didn’t TW3 have a stupid long story? Why stop that trend with Cyberpunk? Give me all the story you can shove into that game, make me play it for years just to get every ounce of story out of it.

Jesus, isn’t that what TW3 basically did?

we all know a lot of things didnt make it to the final product, you can look at early gameplay and post they made about what we are going to get vs what we got.

Top Bottom