Property Ownership

+
Um.... corporates start off just as schmucky as everyone else... they just have to wear a tie...

Up until until your Resources get to around 5, a corp is just another office drone, sitting in a cubicle, talking about his stapler.

Hey now, I like my red Swingline:)

i would love to buy property houses or a really cool penthouse ontop of a skycraper with a balcony view and ocean view awesome!

I hope i will be able to spend some cash, usually this feature is underrated in most games, you end up to collect billions of credits... for what?

For me the property ownership option in games is obsolete. However, if we eventually end up with it available I would like it to serve purposes reaching further than just a item/cash stash or a safe house where you save the game.

So, either use it to show the disproportions between classes in society, or make it serve a purpose in quests. For example, we work our asses off in many different jobs to get the money for a nice penthouse etc, but we have to get it so we can be perceived like someone from upper classes, which will get us closer to some very important people that we have to assassinate/blackmail etc.

For me the property ownership option in games is obsolete. However, if we eventually end up with it available I would like it to serve purposes reaching further than just a item/cash stash or a safe house where you save the game.

So, either use it to show the disproportions between classes in society, or make it serve a purpose in quests. For example, we work our asses off in many different jobs to get the money for a nice penthouse etc, but we have to get it so we can be perceived like someone from upper classes, which will get us closer to some very important people that we have to assassinate/blackmail etc.

I would also like to be able to gather all my companions into one place, having a storage also is a must.. But i agree it should serve a purpose in quests..

I would also like to be able to gather all my companions into one place, having a storage also is a must.. But i agree it should serve a purpose in quests..

That is if we happen to have companions...which I doubt. Unless you mean our NPC friends etc.

That is if we happen to have companions...which I doubt. Unless you mean our NPC friends etc.

No, i don't mean NPC's.. I meant companions. I remember reading somewhere that the girl from the trailer could be in the game and she could be a companion. I wont buy&play this game if there are no companions and/or love interests.. I know, i know, my loss.. But thats the way i feel..

how about buying businesses like a kebabshop or a pizzeria, pool hall. bar ? naming the bar? and then you see the name of the bar you named in neon lights.????

For me it's more of a "Shit, corp (x) is after me--better hide somewhere. I know that my apartment on the west end is registered under another name, but it's security is (y)", etc. I wouldn't mind if it was a housing sim--it's still optional and people getting into that on such a level of detail is the definition of immersion, in my opinion.

For me it's more of a "Shit, corp (x) is after me--better hide somewhere. I know that my apartment on the west end is registered under another name, but it's security is (y)", etc. I wouldn't mind if it was a housing sim--it's still optional and people getting into that on such a level of detail is the definition of immersion, in my opinion.

I would rather buy a old abandoned house, such as this:
View attachment 762View attachment 763View attachment 761

And restore it enough to live in it.. You know, maybe a couch and a gun locker, basic stuff...

Attachments

• 18834_600.jpg
    18834_600.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 011-East-London-Derelict-Buildings.jpg
    011-East-London-Derelict-Buildings.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 60
  • abandoned_house_bedroom.jpg
    abandoned_house_bedroom.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 42
I think property ownership should be available for everyone. It should also carry inherant risks. The more property you buy, yhr more attention you attract from rivals who will undoubtedly take actions against you.

Every Edgerunner needs a safehouse. Admittedly, I have played a character that litterally lived in his Jacket, anything he couldnt carry got left behind. But realistically, there are many of us who want to hoard stuff and everyone secretly wants their own 'Bat-Cave', right?

The ability to opperate small businesses and rent out properties should definitel be part of CP2077 and it should not be limited to a few 'classes', which I also see no future for in a game that is supposed to be customisable in every way. I don't want to be a corporate, but I want to own property. If the only way to own property is to be a Corp, then what are all the other runners going to do apart from live in coffins? Eh, Choomba?

What if you made the option to everyone but how successful this business would be would depend on the class and stats. With a chance of it going under or being taken over.
Now this probably does get too complicated but I'll throw it out there any way.
So you've got:
-Cost to purchase the business or at least the real estate. Here of course location must be considered.
-Cost of maintenance, stock, materials and labor.
-Price/markup of the service/product to ensure profit.
-Dealing with competitors, who will most likely be playing dirty.
-Random things such as thieves, quality inspection(bribes), arson etc.

Consider all the above; so you have in the spectrum worst case scenario (you get robbed, can't get a good price on a location, or can't even have the business in a location because you don't know the right people) To best case scenario(You talk your way out of a citation with out having to pay a bribe, you can find really cheep labor etc.) and the class you play along with your stats will affect where you are on this "Success Probability Line" if you will.

What if you made the option to everyone but how successful this business would be would depend on the class and stats. With a chance of it going under or being taken over.
Now this probably does get too complicated but I'll throw it out there any way.
So you've got:
-Cost to purchase the business or at least the real estate. Here of course location must be considered.
-Cost of maintenance, stock, materials and labor.
-Price/markup of the service/product to ensure profit.
-Dealing with competitors, who will most likely be playing dirty.
-Random things such as thieves, quality inspection(bribes), arson etc.

Consider all the above; so you have in the spectrum worst case scenario (you get robbed, can't get a good price on a location, or can't even have the business in a location because you don't know the right people) To best case scenario(You talk your way out of a citation with out having to pay a bribe, you can find really cheep labor etc.) and the class you play along with your stats will affect where you are on this "Success Probability Line" if you will.
...I actually *don't* want anything this detailed, or in-depth. Not unless they make it an optional toggle.

If I wanted to micro-manage that much, I'd play The Sims. =p

...I actually *don't* want anything this detailed, or in-depth. Not unless they make it an optional toggle.

If I wanted to micro-manage that much, I'd play The Sims. =p

Right, which is why I admitted this may be a tad bit too complex.
The tricky thing is that in an open world game you do want it to reflect real life in many ways, but where do you draw the line? I personally think it would be loads of fun to start off as a loan shark feeding off the poverty and desperation of the masses and building my commercial empire up to one of the top corporations, but honestly I would also love to be a ruthless assassin with a reputation for killing anybody and all in my path regardless of whether they were innocent.

It's a tough call to be sure.

Easy option: Hire a Manager... Lower profits, but less work for you.
Hm. That's an interesting concept; involvement in side activities that scale.

Having the choice of micro-managing a property you purchase, or "automating" a lot of the minutia by hiring some sort of manager.

I don't know if it fits into the overall scope of what the devs want for the game, but it *is* an interesting idea.

Hm. That's an interesting concept; involvement in side activities that scale.

Having the choice of micro-managing a property you purchase, or "automating" a lot of the minutia by hiring some sort of manager.

I don't know if it fits into the overall scope of what the devs want for the game, but it *is* an interesting idea.
I think it should. Even in the Dark Future, when you run a business, you can always employ someone to make the workload more manageable.

If this game is going to be truely 'open-ended', then concepts like this should play a part. I would love to see the game continue past the end of the story, much like Freelancer did, (has it really been 10 years?) Being able to carry on, past the storys end makes sense. Especially if plenty of DLC options are provided for expanding the environments and storylines. Even better if there was a community toolset to allow player made content. (I seem to be heading off topic...)

Easy option: Hire a Manager... Lower profits, but less work for you.

Add in the paranoia of whether your business manager is embezzling or betraying you and you have the day to day worries of a corporate. I like the idea and feel, and as long as you don't get too big you shouldn't have to worry about the Mega Corps trying to crush or acquire your business. Ambition is always dangerous in a cyberpunk setting.

As to housing I am all for it. That said, I also think that your domicile should be able to be robbed. Sure you can spend for security and hidey holes to make sure they don't get all of your stash or at least pay for it in blood. I don't think that your house should be inviolate, I mean if you can afford to live in the corporate sector the odds of getting robbed drop significantly, but not to zero.

If you really want to live punk and store your gear, you get a safety deposit box at a reputable bank and put those things that you just have to have but can't carry with you in there. Course now you have to operate on the bank's schedule.

Add in the paranoia of whether your business manager is embezzling or betraying you and you have the day to day worries of a corporate. I like the idea and feel, and as long as you don't get too big you shouldn't have to worry about the Mega Corps trying to crush or acquire your business. Ambition is always dangerous in a cyberpunk setting.
This is exactly the direction I was thinking. No-one in 2077 should be 100% trustworthy and no-one should be untouchable. Staying alive should include staying off the radar as well as dodging bullets.

As to housing I am all for it. That said, I also think that your domicile should be able to be robbed. Sure you can spend for security and hidey holes to make sure they don't get all of your stash or at least pay for it in blood. I don't think that your house should be inviolate, I mean if you can afford to live in the corporate sector the odds of getting robbed drop significantly, but not to zero.
Getting robbed should always be a possibility. And, if the corps decide you have something they want, they will land on it and take it. They may even leave your domacile intact, or they may blow it up. They may even be inside waiting for you. They may come for you while you sleep...

It's for reasons like these that I used to turn apartments in 2020 into glorified bunkers. Claymores and mono-wire lined the entry hall and there were multiple secret stashes. Not to mention a secret saferoom and a bolt hole. Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't coming for you...

If you really want to live punk and store your gear, you get a safety deposit box at a reputable bank and put those things that you just have to have but can't carry with you in there. Course now you have to operate on the bank's schedule.
Indeed. Though the banks are probably open 24/7 anyway. I don't expect a fat lot of difference between day and night in CP2077. Transit Depot storage lockers are an idea. As are the sorts of lock-ups that Adam Jensen got to pilfer from in random public locations.

Top Bottom