Proposed changes to ST

+
ST has taken the brunt of forgotten faction syndrome after Fran was scrapped. The provision spread on most ST units, especially bronzes, is hilarious. So many conditional 6 for 4p or even 5 for 4p. They still have that one dryad that does 1 damage AND applies poison, farseer or that one 5p 3 point elf that only boosts by 1 if there's nothing but elves on your board when Kerack city guard is a card now.

Only neutral bronzes are this bad. You could make all their 5p units into 4p and their wr probably wouldn't even change.

The only valid bronzes in ST right now are rebuke and devotion critters. The rest is garbage. Then you have to make due with some golds that barely make an archetype which might have held up in past seasons until SK got the MM treatment without the downside of having garbage bronzes.

Oh and remember traps? I just did.

ST has taken the brunt of forgotten faction syndrome after Fran was scrapped. The provision spread on most ST units, especially bronzes, is hilarious. So many conditional 6 for 4p or even 5 for 4p. They still have that one dryad that does 1 damage AND applies poison, farseer or that one 5p 3 point elf that only boosts by 1 if there's nothing but elves on your board when Kerack city guard is a card now.

Only neutral bronzes are this bad. You could make all their 5p units into 4p and their wr probably wouldn't even change.

The only valid bronzes in ST right now are rebuke and devotion critters. The rest is garbage. Then you have to make due with some golds that barely make an archetype which might have held up in past seasons until SK got the MM treatment without the downside of having garbage bronzes.

Oh and remember traps? I just did.
I think you identified the real issue with ST — the bronzes just do not provide it with a sound foundation. Not only do they play for relatively little value — often with difficult conditions, the few engines are easily disrupted or, as with Harmony now, severely disrupted. With no threatening engines, the few ST cards with ongoing potential are easy targets. As neutral bronzes tend to be weak as well, giving up devotion doesn’t help the problem.

Top Bottom