PS4 Controller Issues

+
Hello there!

My left analog stick seems to loop the direction i have pressed. Every angle btw. Both in menu and in-game. Eg. i press it right ONCE in the Sound volume menu - it goes slowly from 1 to 100, not from 1 to 2. In-game Geralt doesnt run, he just walks slowly. I mean - he can run, but whenever i want to stop he just starts walking.
It doesnt seem to be a controler issue - it works fine in every other game and in PS4 menu.
Also i have a second pad - when i plug him in, the game doesnt have that kind of problem.

Any ideas ?

That usually happens when some buttons of the controller are worn out. I had a similar issue with my old Xbox gamepad.

It won't happen with every other game because for some games you need to press harder on a button than is the case with other games (and games that don't require the worn out buttons on your controller a lot will also not cause any issues). Witcher 3 controls can be a bit more sensitive. But anyhow, you will notice similar issues with other games as well sooner or later.

Buying a new gamepad or only playing with the other one are the only things you can do about it.

That usually happens when some buttons of the controller are worn out. I had a similar issue with my old Xbox gamepad.

It won't happen with every other game because for some games you need to press harder on a button than is the case with other games (and games that don't require the worn out buttons on your controller a lot will also not cause any issues). Witcher 3 controls can be a bit more sensitive. But anyhow, you will notice similar issues with other games as well sooner or later.

Buying a new gamepad or only playing with the other one are the only things you can do about it.

Thats what i thought to be honest. But. I've checked how it works in both Bloodborne and Dark Souls games. These games are world-famous in terms of sensivity (as it plays major role in all of them). Witcher 3 cannot be more sensitive than them, you can feel it every little second during both gameplay and testing.

The pad i use is renewed by the producent, hasnt been used since then. The odds of them doing all the job OK, but "forgetting" about worn-out left stick seems to be really low, as the analogs are the first things that they look at.

Thats what i thought to be honest. But. I've checked how it works in both Bloodborne and Dark Souls games. These games are world-famous in terms of sensivity (as it plays major role in all of them). Witcher 3 cannot be more sensitive than them, you can feel it every little second during both gameplay and testing.

The pad i use is renewed by the producent, hasnt been used since then. The odds of them doing all the job OK, but "forgetting" about worn-out left stick seems to be really low, as the analogs are the first things that they look at.

It doesn't really matter that much if it works with Bloodborne or Dark Souls (besides, I only played Bloodborne a bit but controls didn't seem that comparable to me). The fact that TW3 works with the other gamepad is a pretty strong indicator that it is a controller issue. Unfortunately, I don't see another way around that.

I mean you could try to clean the controller but that can be a bit tricky with PS4 controllers.

Try performing some surgery on your gamepad. I took mine apart a while ago and used folded paper to better align the buttons. Also cleaned out some dust buildup on the sticks while I was in there. Worked a charm. It responds like brand new. Simply takes a bit of precision when putting it all back together to ensure things don't slide out of place.

Am I the only one having sensitivity issues with the controls?, and I'm not talking about the camera, I mean when moving around.
Like when I'm walking forward and let go of the thumbstick Geralt still walks forward slightly and then stops.

Usually that happens if the stick is a bit worn out. Unfortunately, there‘s not much you can do about it, except try a different controller.

Definitely sounds like you got a hardware issue. Try the controller in a different game. If you're still having issues, it's the controller. If not, try a different controller altogether in TW3 to see if the problem persists. One of those things should narrow down the problem.

I have same problem here, and no, it's not about dualshock itself. It works properly in every other games. Could you find any solution for this?

It's not a hardware problem. My controller is working properly in every other game but I have the same problem, any solution for this? Such a awkward problem and I couldn't find any suggestion at anywhere.

I have same problem here, and no, it's not about dualshock itself. It works properly in every other games. Could you find any solution for this?

It's usually not that easy. Just because it works with other games, doesn't necessarily mean the controller isn't the issue.

Witcher 3 is a bit more sensitive to the controller than many other games.
I definitely recommend trying a different controller.

It's usually not that easy. Just because it works with other games, doesn't necessarily mean the controller isn't the issue.

Witcher 3 is a bit more sensitive to the controller than many other games.
I definitely recommend trying a different controller.
I have also checked input datas of controller with my PC. And there is no problem there. Any other suggestion?

Steam overlay is noted for causing issues with gamepads. It has its "universal input system" or some such. You can disable it through steam. (Not sure if Origin has something similar, but GOG doesn't.)

In general, if it's not a physical issue with the buttons or analog sticks, then it has to be something on your system hooking the input. Anti-virus, 3rd-party drivers, or slave boards (e.g. for extra USB slots) would be my next guesses.

D'OH!

Last edited:
Steam overlay is noted for causing issues with gamepads. It has its "universal input system" or some such. You can disable it through steam. (Not sure if Origin has something similar, but GOG doesn't.)

In general, if it's not a physical issue with the buttons or analog sticks, then it has to be something on your system hooking the input. Anti-virus, 3rd-party drivers, or slave boards (e.g. for extra USB slots) would be my next guesses.
Thank you but I am playing the game on PS4.

Didn't check the tag.
Always check the tag, old boy.
Not PS4.jpg

I have also checked input datas of controller with my PC. And there is no problem there. Any other suggestion?

As mentioned before, that doesn‘t rule out the controller issue. As far as I know the game works fine with the PS4 controller. But I only played it with the PS4 controller on PC and not on PS4.

There‘s not much else you can do. You can try an older save game to see if it works better then. But that‘s a long shot.

Guys, the situation in which I found myself is extremely strange because, for example if I push the left analog down first, it does not react on load a game screen. Then I push it up and it goes continually to upward, and again I push it down, guess what is it, it goes continually to downward. It was not working a second ago. By the way, of course I have tried push it up before entering the load a game menu, I didn't work either, I mean pushing it down didn't react. I am trying to say that it is not a mechanical problem, it really is a software bug or something like this. As I said before, I have tested the controller with many games on PS4 and many programs on PC, it works properly. There are many people have experienced this situation, so I've been doing research all day long, but I haven't made any progress. Someone should know something about it or an official information should be given.

Top Bottom