PS4 Controller on PC - how to show ps4 buttons?

+
PS4 Controller on PC - how to show ps4 buttons?

I keep reading that Witcher 3 supports both console controllers on PC, yet when using PS4 DualShock controller (via InputMapper) it still shows Xbox controls during dialog and tutorials. Does anyone know of a way to manually change the button labels used in-game for the controller buttons?

In other words, instead of seeing "Press A/B/X/Y" I would like to have the game say "Press X/Circle/Square/Triangle.

To be honest, if they didn't both have an X on them I'd be fine, but "Press X" gets me every time as it actually means I need to press Square, not X. I know, I'm a dummy, but if anyone can help would be much appreciated.

This post has also been raised on Steam Community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/617335934150068186/

AFAIK no games on PC actually have PS button prompts without mods. It really sucks given that the PS4 controller is pretty much the best gamepad on the market.

Guest 3790055

AFAIK no games on PC actually have PS button prompts without mods. It really sucks given that the PS4 controller is pretty much the best gamepad on the market.

That's subjective :)

Guest 3790055

The game does support the ps4 controller. It just don't show you the ps4 buttons like the other pc games that support dualshocks natively.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game does support the ps4 controller. It just don't show you the ps4 buttons like the other pc games that support dualshocks natively.

Not sure that is what you would call "support" so much as "it works, kind of..." - just saying.

Ah well, the game is amazing and I'm loving it regardless. I put an old xbox controller on the desk in front of me to remind me which keys are where, and I'm sure someone will create a mod to fix it at some point.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Witcher 3\content\content0\scripts\game

inputManager.ws

switch ('ps4pad')
{
case 'xpad':
return IDT_Xbox1;
break;
case 'ps4pad':
return IDT_PS4;
break;
case 'steampad':
return IDT_Steam;
break;