PS4 Corrupted save issue

+
PS4 Corrupted save issue

Hi. Im wondering if anyone else on PS4 got this problem? i had just completed my first horse race, and then this message pop`d up on my screen:

"Your existing save is corrupted and needs to be deleted. A new save will be written in its place".

I push ok,and then i got this error code from the PS4 system: (CE-33108-5)
ialso push ok here, but nothing happends and the game continues as normal. Now, everytime the game autosaves, the game tell me that my save is corrupted. Even if i load up an earlier checkpoint before this problem happend, it still gives me that corrupted save message.

What do i do? Any sugestions? And are CDprojektRED aware of this?

Thanks from Norway!

Hey there!

I have te same problem. When accepting the error, nothing happens and my save is still "corrupt". But when I hit cancel I can just continu playing... Auto save doesnt work, it displays the error message. But cancelling the error and doing a manual save does work. So it seems my save is not really "corrupt". Everything is saved fine, there are no problems and no saved data is missing.
It just seems to be a problem with the auto save mechanism. Please help us, manual saving and getting that error is really starting to bum me out.

Thanks ! :)

Have you tried to delete the autosave files manually in the PS4 data management? Both local and if available in the Cloud. In theory they should be created again.

Also a rebuild of the PS4 database never hurts. You find various instructions when searching for it.

I havent experienced this with 1.04, it was on 1.02 or 1.03 patch. I dont know if the new patches fixedmy problem since i started a new game cause of the innkeepess disappeared with the gwent cards i needed to by for my platinum trophy, and that save issue. Where did you get the save issue first? i got it after doing the horseraces somewhere around the crows perch area in Velen. When i loaded up a earlier savepoint, it was okey all the time untill i did that horse race again.

tried rebuild and it didnt worked for me. But as i mentioned, i havent had a save issue yet in 1.04, but im gonna try the horse race again soon and see if it still getting corrupted.

These bugs are pretty annoying. i almost went insane cause of the npcs that disappears with the gwent cards. and now we have even more lagging, pop in issues and downgraded graphics than before.

If only CPR couldnt answer those other posts about these issues!

Nothing worked so far. It happend the first time right after a game crash. Now my game is strating doing weird. Like deleting all my money now and then... pfff. Spend hours on this. Think i need to delete it and start over. This sucks! Cant an admim respond to this post?!?

Hey Everyone,

Here is the fix.

The only data that is having trouble is the last in the line of 3 auto saves, so if you ignore the message, after 2 more auto saves, the message will continue to appear.

To fix this, go to: PS4 Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Then Select the file that appears as corrupted.

Good hunting!

I just encountered this today and xxlordrevanxx's post solved it for me.

Also, when you go to the Data Management, it would be labelled as Corrupted Data.

help me please...my father played The Witcher 3 til the end with this error...he was playing the Normal game, that i bought on blueray for him. Sometimes this error appears, he have to play some minutes again but he managed to complete the game. Then he bought the Digital Complete Edition and is playing trom the start, but this annoying error is happening so many time, again in the complete edition too x.x i looked in the Saved data and it says nothing is corrupted x.x he loved the game but its getting so annoying...he had these problemns in physical normal edition and now again in digital complete x.x but theres no warning of corrupted data in the complete save data or in normal edition x.x

help me please...my father played The Witcher 3 til the end with this error...he was playing the Normal game, that i bought on blueray for him. Sometimes this error appears, he have to play some minutes again but he managed to complete the game. Then he bought the Digital Complete Edition and is playing trom the start, but this annoying error is happening so many time, again in the complete edition too x.x i looked in the Saved data and it says nothing is corrupted x.x he loved the game but its getting so annoying...he had these problemns in physical normal edition and now again in digital complete x.x but theres no warning of corrupted data in the complete save data or in normal edition x.x

Please keep in mind that the complete edition of The Witcher 3 is not compatible with the regular edition. If he is using the old save games for this new playthrough problems are to be expected.

Also see the information here:

This is a common problem faced by various PS4 users unfortunately there is no way to install restore the saved game files. But still, you can try to initialize the PS4 and this allow you to restore the system settings,

• You can try to initialize the PS4 and this will let you restore the system settings.
  • First start your PS4 is safe mode and when you see Safe Mode screen > plugin DualShock 4 controller via USB.
  • And press the PS Home button > to turn on your controller.
  • Select option #7 option “Initialize PS4 – Reinstall System Software”.
Hope this works for you to fix PS4 corrupted data/database error.

Top Bottom