PS4 disc game on PS5 digital

+
I bought the PS4 disc version even before the release and didn´t play because I wanted to wait for the PS5 game (wanted to avoid the bad PS4 experience). Now I have a PS5 digital and can´t insert the disc obviously. CDPR told us to get the free PS5 upgrade. Is there any chance to get the PS5 version for me?

So you don't have a drive on it ?
If no, it's the "same" issue than the Serie S which have no drive... the disc version require the disc to be played :(
I don't know how you could do it, unfortunately.

So you don't have a drive on it ?
If no, it's the "same" issue than the Serie S which have no drive... the disc version require the disc to be played :(
I don't know how you could do it, unfortunately.
Yes, no drive. If it´s not possible and I have to buy it again, [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, no drive. If it´s not possible and I have to buy it again, [...] 😂
[...]
It's the same for all of your PS4 games on discs, you can't play them on your PS5 (it was something to take in account when you bought your PS5...)

At least you can try to contact the support, but I'm afraid that they won't be able to help you. For me the best solution is to sell your physical copy and buy a digital version.

Actually, that you can do.
You can play a PS4 game on a disc on a PS5 which don't have a drive ?
(the disc is always required no ? So even by install the game on a SSD on a PS4, then plug the SSD on a PS5, it won't work without the game disc ?)

This distinction between physical and digital copies has been a thing since.... Well, since the very beginning.

[...]

Actually, that you can do.
CDPR promised a PS5 version at the beginning as compensation for the PS4 version. This is only fair when you consider that many customers had ordered the game and did not receive the product they paid for. It would certainly have been possible to somehow exchange the disc version for a digital version if they wanted to, especially when you are now lucky to be able to buy a PS5 at all (no matter which version).
In the end, the customers who relied on CDPR and did not immediately exchange their game are now the losers.

CDPR promised a PS5 version at the beginning as compensation for the PS4 version. This is only fair when you consider that many customers had ordered the game and did not receive the product they paid for. It would certainly have been possible to somehow exchange the disc version for a digital version if they wanted to, especially when you are now lucky to be able to buy a PS5 at all (no matter which version).
In the end, the customers who relied on CDPR and did not immediately exchange their game are now the losers.

You received the product you paid for. What you meant to say is that you didn't receive the product you thought you paid for. An important distinction.

They didn't promise a PS5 version to compensate anything. They promised a free next-gen upgrade period. It was never about compensating anything and it was always the plan.

CDPR offered a more than generous refund program that even got them in trouble with Sony. You didn't make use of it.

This distinction between digital version and physical version has been in place since the very beginning of digital content on Playstation. You still bought a digital version only PS5. This distinction is absolutely nothing new and not limited to CP2077 at all.

Sorry, yet again, this is entirely on you. You could've gotten reimbursed and bought the game when you thought it was worthy of being played. You could've bought a PS5 with a disc drive. You chose not to do either of those things yet are holding CDPR responsible for your own choices. It was your responsibility to make use of the options offered to you to limit your losses :shrug:

Anyway, it's all due to the "lack" of disc drive on the PS5 digital...
An example among plenty, if you have a disc version of Skyrim - SE, you can't play it on your PS5, so you can't play the free next-gen update too. And it's not due to Bethesda ;)

Top Bottom