PS4 Error ce-34878-0

+
I don't want to get any one's hope up as there's no guarantee that this will work for you guys as this may have just worked out of share luck for me but what I did to circumvent the issue was to load the corrupted save from the main menu, then pushed the "PS" button to go to the home screen. I then waited for about 5-8 mins, went back to game and for some reason my save loaded like nothing happened. I'm nervous to turn off the game and have kept it on ever since to make sure I don't lose the save again. FYI, if you're able to get the save working, change the quest that it's currently marked (especially of it's a Skellige quest) to a quest that's closer to were you are located. I hope this proves fruitful for you all.

Thanks for the input! Thing is I managed to load my save as well, the one I had working fine all the way through, but now the moment I save the game, I cannot load it back anymore, so just as a warning, don't be overly happy about it and don't progress too far because it's possible you will lose it all the moment you have to reload the game and it would suck if it happened after you put a lot of time into playing again...just a heads up! I hope that won't happen to you though!

So basically all of my friends had the same issues with the crash when trying to travel to other regions and / or all of the savegames that crashed when loading them after
the save was created . What we did was to stay alive in order to prevent loading saves and do all the quests we had left , which are held in velen or novigrad. When we were done with that , we tried loading and suddenly the error was gone, for all of us. I dont really know what else to explain to you since it was a desperate act of hope that somehow managed to "fix" the crash . And from there I was able to finish the game without any problems

What we did was to stay alive in order to prevent loading saves and do all the quests we had left , which are held in velen or novigrad.

do you mean all the quests or main quests ?

---------- Updated at 02:26 PM ----------

We are working to have this resolved but in the meantime please try using the workaround described here.

Not working for me. I don't have camera and I have original hdd, I never saw that error before, so the hardware is fine.

Pozdrawaiam serdecznie (Cheers)

Yeah I'm not sure that workaround has worked for a single person. I've done all those things and still have the issue.

I don't want to get any one's hope up as there's no guarantee that this will work for you guys as this may have just worked out of share luck for me but what I did to circumvent the issue was to load the corrupted save from the main menu, then pushed the "PS" button to go to the home screen. I then waited for about 5-8 mins, went back to game and for some reason my save loaded like nothing happened. I'm nervous to turn off the game and have kept it on ever since to make sure I don't lose the save again. FYI, if you're able to get the save working, change the quest that it's currently marked (especially of it's a Skellige quest) to a quest that's closer to were you are located. I hope this proves fruitful for you all.

I did try your method with a hope to load my save file, but it doesn't work for me :( It looks like your method works for some... I will keep try loading different save files to see if any of 'em works.

It is such a shame that we have to go through such pain with this game.
I still think this game is one of the greatest games i've ever played, IF this loading save data is no longer an issue. a few dozens of glitches and bugs, I can live with... but, be unable to even experience a glitch or bug is just so frustrating and disappointing...

It is good that someone from Red finally replied to this thread, but it would have been much more great with the feelings of support from the developers if they had replied sooner...

I really do hope this will get fixed in a near future, before it gets outta hand

Marcin, would sending you a save file right before the issue and then a save file after the issue, help in your endeavors to fix it? or do you have a good handle on it?

I honestly cannot have my full library of games and save files erased for the sake of The Witcher 3. I will wait for the patch and in the meantime try what rahrahyah suggested and pray that it will work lol​

We are working to have this resolved but in the meantime please try using the workaround described here.

Thank you for this reply. That is all I ever wanted to know... that you guys are fixing this problem...(because I wanted to know if I would be able to "save" my progress so far or not). Now I feel relaxed that I will be able to load my save data when you guys come up with a resolution.

and by the way,

I already tried everything tech support suggested via emails and the one you suggested, but they do not work.
since every other game I own does not replicate slightest similar results, I am afraid this error is caused from the Witcher 3 itself.
I believe the reason behind this disaster may be within Novigrad.. that's where my save data started to give problems and for many others it seems... just an idea

Thank you again and I really do hope this will be resolved soon

Nice to see a response from the devs and I hope it gets fixed VERY SOON!! Because my gaming life is in complete hiatus due to this game breaking bug.

I sometimes wish that time would stand still on the ps1/ps2 era where games were actually working on release, I would rather have time stand still than deal with buggy games that can't even be played. I also see that only WRPG devs have these kind of problems. I have NEVER played a Japanese game with a game breaking or even close to game breaking bug. (By game breaking I mean, that I can't continue my progress due to faulty programming)

Svp cher devellopeur trouver une solution pour que je puisse moi et toute les personnes dans ma situation de sauvegarde corompus avec le message d'erreur : CE 34878-0 puisse continuer la formidable aventure du sorceleur svp merci d'avance

---------- Updated at 03:21 PM ----------

Please devellopeur expensive a solution for me to me and all the people in my situation corompus backup with the error message: EC 34878-0 can continue the exciting adventures of Geralt please thank you in advance

We did identify it but I bet sending additional proof won't hurt.

Okay, I sent it. Although I had to upload through a different site as the limit was 15mb and the save is 16mb.

Just wanted to say thanks for responding and for the team for trying to get this fixed ASAP. There aren't many devs that are this active and I hope you know we appreciate it.

Just curious was the error to do with an encounter with men sent from a priest you embarassed as he was preaching in an earlier side quest? Thats when I believe the problem arose for me.

Thanks to reddit user DerK4ter I was able to solve this problem. The bugged quest is The Mystery of the Byways Murders, at least for me. Try to solve this quest, afterwards you should be able to fast travel again. It makes sense as some other user in here wrote it worked when doing all the quests in Velen - well, this is one of them and it solves the problem immediately. Please thank DerK4ter on reddit if it works for you as well.

Just curious was the error to do with an encounter with men sent from a priest you embarassed as he was preaching in an earlier side quest? Thats when I believe the problem arose for me.

Come to think of it, that was the first time my game crashed. I was just running through Novigrad when I was attacked by those guys and shortly after my game crashed. And since then each save I make except the original one that works makes my game crash with the said error.

Thanks to reddit user DerK4ter I was able to solve this problem. The bugged quest is The Mystery of the Byways Murders, at least for me. Try to solve this quest, afterwards you should be able to fast travel again. It makes sense as some other user in here wrote it worked when doing all the quests in Velen - well, this is one of them and it solves the problem immediately. Please thank DerK4ter on reddit if it works for you as well.

I will give this a try, hopefully I can kill the guy now, as the first time I stumbled upon this quest I was too low level. Also funny thing is that the 2 guys in that quest came out of the house while the ghouls were still there. Geralt said "it's safe now, come out" while the ghoul was right next to those guys lol

EDIT: I'm going to try this anyway but the problem here for most of us is not fast travel but the actual loading of save files, the game won't even load to let anyone fast travel :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom