PS4 Error ce-34878-0

+
just got the error yesterday before meeting vernon, lvl 16 over 50 hrs of gameplay, contacted Tech support still no answer, tried via twitter, they told me to contact tech support, so my question is, is there a possibility to get our save game working again?

Here's my story: I am still in Novigrad following the main story:

Only one of my checkpoints worked, which I then uploaded to the cloud save. Now I am constantly loading and saving on new files. And right now just between 2 saves I got a new corrupted file. I had one that I knew worked, then I went and sold some stuff... saved on a new file as to not corrupt the file that worked... Loaded the new file and BAM CORRUPT!!!​

The EXACT same thing happened again!!!! Which means that I can't play past the point that I am standing now... I can't sell my stuff without getting a corrupted file!! DAMN!! this is horrible!!!
I never had any problems like this while playing Witcher 1 and 2... It seems that the WRPG style of open world is SUPER flawed! Gimme back the episodic adventure of Witcher 1 and 2 over this if they can't make it work!​

So I did another test, I loaded my good save (still in Novigrad), then I saved directly to a new save slot... loaded the new save file and it worked, I walked to a blacksmith and sold my loot to get cash, saved again and BAM! CORRUPTED FILE! So it seems to me that you can actually sell too much because the shopkeepers keep what you sell in their inventory forever! Which means everytime I go to Novigrad the game needs to load up all the loot that I have sold there and obviously the game can't handle that.

This game is broken for me... I thought I found a way to get past the corrupted file by selling my stuff in a different city (Oxenfurt), I saved and loaded and it worked fine.. I thought ok, maybe I am in the clear and then I progressed the story in Novigrad for 1 hour not selling anything and hardly even picking up anything... then I saved and tried to load... FILE CORRUPTED!!! Now I have no idead wtf is going on.. I guess I will just have to wait and hope for a patch because I can't play the game... the game has a GAME BREAKING FLAW!! WTF!!!!!

FIX THIS BS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same happened to me. Can't proceed with "Travel to Skellige Island" . Deleting saves not helping.
I am very frustrated.

Game is broken for me, can't play the game I bought... and I bought collectors edition as well, giving fuill support to CD Project red and this is what I get? A broken game I can't play... thanx for nothing.. I gave them my money and they give me a broken game. If they have ANY IQ at all they should be on this RIGHT NOW!!!! This should be their nr1 priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am experiencing the same problem with my witcher3. It seems "ALL" of my save games won't load successfully. I've been trying all different methods to solve this problem because I simply CANNOT play this game all over again from the scratch after putting in 50+ hours into it. Especially, I cannot do it simply because there is no guarantee that this screw up won't happen again.

This is very very frustrating experience for I had not had this kind of problem with any of my ps games before. I emailed the tech support team via email, and sent them one of my save files. They say they are sending it to dev team to investigate. I really do hope they find out what is up and solve this pure ridiculous issue many of us are experiencing which should not have happened in the first place.

I really really hope that they can fix this problem with the upcoming patch to PS4 because without fixing it, I simply cannot continue playing this game with all my save data not loading.

delayed patches are fine, but when they actually give us a new patch, I really hope they include solution to this horrible problem.

I have played this game since before may 19th and played it for HOURS every day... almost done everything in Velen/Novigrad and then this happens.

I agree and hope that they patch this REAL SOON! because like you I have tried everything possible and nothing works which means the game is dead until they fix this problem. This is not something you can just live with and continue by bypassing some bug.. this is 100% game breaking... I can't continue, it's impossible no matter how much I want to I can't, the game won't let me.

I just made an account here after no one on gfaqs could help with this issue. It started after my game crashed in Novigrad, I've been playing for over 50 hours without a single problem, now I cannot load ANY save file with the same error like everyone else here, I did the reinstallation of the game, still nothing. It can't be anything with HDD as I uploaded my saves from the other day to the PSN cloud storage and after loading them - they work fine. I don't want to reply everything I've done up to this point, but I hope it can give some insight to the developers and those that are reading this, I urge you guys to keep a backup save file either online or on a usb stick, do yourself a favor and do this. Please. I'm turned off from playing for today, I hope they will fix this.

This does not seems to be problem with the game itself. there is a 250 pages long forum in playstation website regarding this error coming in many games like FIFA 14, kil zone, battlefield etc. many user have complaint that at once this error comes in any game that game is no longer playable. even some got there ps4 totaly brick by this error coming in every game. just one solution to intiatlize ps4 and screw yourself by downloading evrything again but still not solving the problem.

Just got home and found new patch available for game in UK patch 1.03, still cannot load my saves, but was not expecting this patch to fix the issue, most likely just wait and see if a future patch resolves it, or start whole game again when i next get chance.

I am afraid those saves may be beyond repairing. I loaded a cloud save from a day ago and it loaded fine, none other since the crash I got today in Novigrad is working. It doesn't say that the saves are corrupted but something is definitely up and I don't really want to keep trying and getting the error as it may only do more harm

one of my saves games worked lost about 3 hrs of gameplay but at least i got it running again.

to everyone that has that problem do not delete your old saves files as one of them might work, or at least do a back up on an usb drive just in case.

I still have this problem after patch. I loaded my work savegame, played 2 missions, saved and try to load again. All the same CE-34878-0. Sad. Crying.

Top Bottom