PS4 - Frame drop when initiating combat.

+
Whenever I load up a quickhack, invasion protocol, or shoot an enemy the framerate drops dramatically. The frame rate is unaffected if I do quickhacks on devices and do non-lethal takedowns. I've had this issue on my first playthrough when I started the job to infiltrate the Kendachi factory in Santo Domingo, but the issue went away after completing other missions stealthily and without killing any enemies. On my second playthrough however (and my current one), the same issue appeared when I loaded up a quickhack on El Gallo on the mission to steal cadmium rods from the H1 megatower in Heywood. I've tried to resolve the issue the same I did on the past - which was to just hope that it went away - but the issue remains no matter what I try. I've tried to reset my console, load up past saves beyond the cadmium rod mission, delete the game and redownload it, close the game application while the frame rate is slow, but the issue persists. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue, but it is preventing me from doing certain mission that involve combat. Missions that are just narrative are fine. On a side note, the game file from my first playthrough does not have this issue, so I'm not sure if the issue has anything to do with specific game files.

The same issue.
It started before when using Ping QH twice and has since progressed to Framerate drop is caused when initiating combat. It has occurred every time, recently now since the first attempt and completing Ozob's 'Send Clowns.' I had to attempt the mission several times because the Tyger Claws became invincible (reached 0 hp and couldn't be finished by anything.) I have not tried reverting back to before the mission...

Took a while to hit my game-breaking bug.
Have been curating a weapons collection, one of every top tier in my mobile stash. Thought that may be causing it so moved some to the Apt. (Before attempting Ozob's mission). No luck.
I have faith the patch will find/resolve this issue. I don't mind having to reduce inventory if it could be the case. I have yet to see everything in NC and really look forward to playing some equally impressive DLC. Be really bummed to have start over.
How about some free Attribute points for the console players?
Post automatically merged:

Reverting to an earlier save resolved this issue.
Lost a bit of progress, so could occur again if attempting any number of the former missions. Been seeing a lot more blank "shards." Maybe picked up the bug there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom