PS4 frame drops from time to time

+
PS4 frame drops from time to time

Greetings Witcher family.I know that PS4 runs at 1080 and 30fps, and i'm fine with that. But i noticed that sometimes the game suffers from frame drops it's not at all game breaking but would be nice to experience a more smooth gameplay.Anyone knows if this issue is going to be fixed in the future?Thank you all.

I am more and more impressed with CDPR. Already collecting feedback from players and introducing patches to address issues and implement improvements. Very well done!

The frame rate issue on the PS4 isn't "time to time", it's constant. While they say they are working on it, I highly doubt they will be able to get this game steady at 30... But at this point, I'll take any improvements they can give.

In all honesty I haven't noticed any consistent frame rate issues, it runs smoothly on my machine at least 95% of the time. In built up areas with lots of NPCs about it can give a few udders but nothing that irritates me.

i hardly ever experience frame drops when i do its usually when i go into the inventory so i have no idea where this " constant fps problem " is coming from , only people that would even notice the occasional fps dip on the PS4 are pc players , strictly console players dont notice those things.

Last edited:
I have the PC and ps4 versions and I can say that there are definitely slow downs on the ps4. My pc can run the game at 60 fps ultra minus foliage distance and the nvidia hair thing but neither really impact the beauty of the rest of the game. PS4 on the other hand has consistent fps problems while moving around the world. It is unfortunate, but I am sure CDPR will fix it as soon as they can.

The game looks incredible on PC though. I am having fun just running around looking at things lol.

Our hardware is the same so we should expect the same performance... One thing that makes this a bit subjective is how sensitive or forgiving someone might be to drops in frame rate.

I can get some furstrating drops depending on the weather, lighting effects, and of course number of NPCs/enemies on screen. There's been a few quests that the frame rate affected my ability to win a fight.

In general gameplay, it just doesn't feel smooth a majority of the time. Whether that means slightly less than 30 or more than slightly... I have no idea.

To be quite honest I have seen it drop very slightly . Though I have only played in Velen for about 3 hours or so.

I have strictly been a console player my whole life and i have always been a bit forgiving about frame rates.

Obviously anyone who doesn't game on PC will remain ignorant to frame issues on consoles.

There are framerate issues on PS4. The game, after White Orchard is NEVER! Never, ever, ever, ever! LOCKED and steady 30FPS. Ever. The Bog is a damn nightmare, 20fps constantly. It needs to get fixed. Please understand that anything below 30fps is unplayable, and that means 25fps and yes, that is unplayable.

---------- Updated at 09:12 PM ----------

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but that is the truth, don't matter what type of "gamer" you are, frame drops are terrible, in any game, and It's bad enough these so called NEXT-GEN consoles can barely hold a steady, locked and playable 30FPS, nevermind 60FPS as that is a pipe dream. Unless you happen to be Kojima or Naughty Dog.

You'll never understand until you game on PC and experience the glory. No one can truly say 30FPS is terrible, as it isn't, on consoles when optimized. When frames drop It's not playable, enjoyable, It's absolutely terrible. That's just how it is, so stop being blind to the issues.

Hopefully by next week the frames are resolved and we can all enjoy the game.

Top Bottom