PS4 Frame rate and Pop In Issues

+
PS4 Frame rate and Pop In Issues

After all the patches that CD PROJEKT RED lauched for the witcher 3 on ps4 there are still some pretty big issues with the game. The framerate is very inconsistent and, in some areas, it is 20fps constant. The pop in on major cities and while horse ridding is pretty bad too. Are they planning to do a patch just to optimize the game?

I understand your frustration but we don't need another thread about this. There's a giant thread about this very topic and who really knows WTF the Devs are doing at this point.

I understand your frustration but we don't need another thread about this. There's a giant thread about this very topic and who really knows WTF the Devs are doing at this point.

I honestly think the devs doesn't give a sh*t at this point.
The PS4 is already the best selling version, and this is not a subscripton based game. They already have our money, so to hell with the framerate, to hell with the extreme popin, to hell with the mutagen bugs...

Well there is hope i guess. I sent a message to Marcin Momot and he replied "Yes - the performance on PS4 will be addressed in the upcoming patch and in the next one as well. " I hope its true.

Well there is hope i guess. I sent a message to Marcin Momot and he replied "Yes - the performance on PS4 will be addressed in the upcoming patch and in the next one as well. " I hope its true.

At least he replied to you lol... I've tweeted him numerous times with no reply smh

I honestly think the devs doesn't give a sh*t at this point.
The PS4 is already the best selling version, and this is not a subscripton based game. They already have our money, so to hell with the framerate, to hell with the extreme popin, to hell with the mutagen bugs...

how about u devs fix this damn problem and MAYBE we ps4 players will get the season pass so that u can get more of our hard-earned money how about that.?

Facing same issues as Frommhell and with patch 1.07 on the way and me at level 30 it almost doesn't matter anymore. Could care less about free dlc when this is going on, and I'm the guy who bought the season pass bundle deal on PSN lol (long summer ahead of me). It's mind blowing how this got such high reviews with no mention of these problems, who could play 180 hrs the give this game a 9 or 10 and not say anything. I got 92hrs in and have just been battling these problems as often as enemies. With that said I love me some TW3 open world fun time, though TW3 needs a heavy F***ing overhaul.

Update: So I had the game on pause while making the last entry, then returned to my game. I entered a cut scene that lasted only 10 seconds before crashing and booting me to the PSN blue error screen. Lol when will the madness stop ahahahaha.

Last edited:
in hope that CDpr are reading most of these threads I'll post here too .. PS4 NEEDS A 30FPS FRAMERATE LOCK !!!! No if's, but's or maybe's kind sirs. xbone got one so we want one too. Your coders are 'Voodoo SHAMEans'.

Last edited:
Since Patch 1.05 on PS4 I've noticed more pop-in issues generally, but particularly in Novigrad where it gets really bad in certain areas.

I'm posting two links for Youtube videos showing examples of this problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu6jQ4pJ1Uw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4gteVINO8

Both of these also happens to me. Absurd.

Completely destroys the immersion, how can they release a game like this?
It's not even unusual those headless/limbless NPCs walking around.

What a waste.

Both of these also happens to me. Absurd.

Completely destroys the immersion, how can they release a game like this?
It's not even unusual those headless/limbless NPCs walking around.

What a waste.

To be fair though, if you're using the stock HDD on the PS4 then there's your problem. It's a cheap and slow as F HDD which explains why so many people are having these issues. I have a Samsung 850 Evo SSD (500GB) in my PS4 and I the only issues I've had with pop-in are with the character models themselves when walking/running closing to NPC's.

To be fair though, if you're using the stock HDD on the PS4 then there's your problem. It's a cheap and slow as F HDD which explains why so many people are having these issues. I have a Samsung 850 Evo SSD (500GB) in my PS4 and I the only issues I've had with pop-in are with the character models themselves when walking/running closing to NPC's.

Ok, then to resolve the problem all we must do is upgrade the HDD. Easy, guys! It's all our fault we dind't do that already!

---------- Updated at 04:58 PM ----------

Since Patch 1.05 on PS4 I've noticed more pop-in issues generally, but particularly in Novigrad where it gets really bad in certain areas.

I'm posting two links for Youtube videos showing examples of this problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu6jQ4pJ1Uw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4gteVINO8

Hell... those videos were sad to watch. I just showed this to a friend and he laughed, but I cried. Two bad reactions, I think.

Top Bottom