PS4 Framerate - A long known issue coming to an end (hopefully)

+
PS4 Framerate - A long known issue coming to an end (hopefully)

Games nowadays have a lot of issues like bugs, exploits, glitches eTc. TBH I'm ok with them as long as they don't affect your gameplay to a certain extent. Sadly this has not been the case of the ps4 framerate issue in The Witcher III. I love the game as I said a lot of times but these perfomance issues were killing my joy. Anyway, for those who did not read the changelog for the huge 1.07 patch that is coming soon, you should, specially the ones who are angry because of this known issue. I'm gonna be honest, my hopes for a fix were slowly dissapearing, but then I read this in the changelog.

• Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.
  • Improves overall game performance.

Is this the fix that we've been waiting for? The "need" to play this game is growing once again knowing that the one thing that was killing the game for me is being fixed as it seems. I really hope this is it since my hope will completely dissapear if we won't get even a slight improvement after the 1.07 patch.

EDIT

Has it been confirmed? Seems like it

Attachments

• a1QpJqM.png
    a1QpJqM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 44
  • E8hTyhC.png
    E8hTyhC.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Yeah hopefully framerate issues will be fixed by CDPR in their next patch the most awaited 1.07. This will return the players' confidence to play The Witcher 3 again :)

sounds too good to be true .. I mean if I install patch 1.07 and then go to the swamps in Velen at night raining, with fire sources around and 5-6 drowners attacking me, the framerate will stay at 30fps ? LMFAO .. yeah right !!!

there's no mention of a 30fps framerate lock like xbone had so it's fair to say I'm sceptical.. but I want to believe , I really do

Last edited:
I remain skeptical and believe it when i "see" it or - not see the fps drops ;) - i can still remember the tweet when the game got released that was like "will the performance problems mentioned in the reviews be fixed with the day 1 patch?" - "yes" ... so ya...

slightly sceptical, I mean the framerate could be just +1, but technically that's an improvement.

May I ask, how often exactly does the framerate dip?

For me, it dips in the swamp area mainly, also some other places when rain, and sometimes in Novigrad. Skellige is the best, completely smooth for me.

Good news. I hope everyone have a lot of screenshots to do a graphic's comparison after 1.07 patch.
Really hope that CDPR will fix framerate without any downgrade.

I dont really have my hopes up. I do believe they are playing with fire with this patch. If it does not fix frame rate the ps4 fans are going to accuse them of foul play. Claim they added "wish list" features to placate and distract from the glaring broken fps issues, get called out on exploiting the ps4 user base to grab more money without care for such players.

With luck it will be fixed and one thing i wish they would try is to remove interaction with the non essential npcs. The ones that just hack and cough or grunt, even the ones that just spout out nonsense. No reason to have a "push X" with these npcs. Just let them be the backdrop and sound board they obviously are. Might take some work off the ps4 when rendering them by having one less thing to compute.

DAT OP....

I hope it's true. I really want to go back to this splendid game.

For me, it dips in the swamp area mainly, also some other places when rain, and sometimes in Novigrad. Skellige is the best, completely smooth for me.

There's framerate issues in any place, no matter where, if theres rain+monsters, more than 3 fire sources (even candles), plus a lot of cutscenes.

Last edited:
Right, its not about only "Fog" issue or streaming. The framerate drops on multi npcs once in screen on gameplay and cutscenes. Also multi FX objects like torches have performance issues.

I never really had problems with the frame rate. The problems I have are with characters twitching, and the screen blurring out to load a few times during cutscenes.

As of today it's been 57 days since this game was released unoptimized for the PS4. For CDPR's sake this patch better be the one.

Top Bottom