PS4 Framerate is disappointing, fails to immerse you in this beautiful world

+
PS4 Framerate is disappointing, fails to immerse you in this beautiful world

Hello, new member here, but lurker since Witcher 2 days.

Needless to say I am a big fan of Witcher series and CD Project in general.

Witcher 3 was -and it seems still is- my most anticipated game. It is still my most anticipated game, because I have decided to put the game on hold due to its very disappointing performance on PS4. :(

Yes I know that the issues have been somewhat acknowledged (via Twitter) and that supposedly the team is working on it. Which I am very thankful and hopeful for.

But somehow I am not very optimistic, because the game has extremely bad performance in certain conditions. For example in bogs fighting fog beasts during rain, is simply unplayable... the game drops below 20 fps it could very well be 15-20 fps. It becomes completely unresponsive (and if your are playing on Death March this hurts you a lot) and most of all completely not enjoyable.

Then there is the constant stutter/frame pacing issues that happen all the time. You really cant feel immersed to this world due to the poor performance.

The thing is that these performance issues seem to be very serious and I cant help but think that they will never be eliminated. The bog example that is running way below 20 fps seems doubtful it will become 30 fps. Perhaps it will be improved up to 20-25 fps... but it is even at these numbers only borderline playable... still not optimal for enjoyment.

I know Witcher 3 is very demanding, but then again aside from stuttering issues due to uncapped framerate XB1 seems to handle it pretty solidly at 30 fps.

I hope CDP can reply in some way and speak up and reassure their fans/customers, in regards to what we can honestly expect in terms of performance improvement via patches. I really do hope you can pull off some magic (while I may doubt, i know you are capable of magic) and make the game how I dream of it every night since its release...

You have crafted an unbelievable world, immensely beautiful and alive, and yet poor performance hinders the experience and pretty much doesnt do justice to your own efforts of building this mesmerizing game.

In hopes of a response and that I can soon throw myself back at this wonderful world!

Regards.

Last edited:
Agreed. +1 fps drops are very annoying.

Just want to say that I'm very disappointed with this consoles generation...

Yup, I find myself wondering more often what's wrong with this framerate instead of wondering what place I'm just visiting. The framerate is completely unacceptable.

Yes, the framerate is terrible.
CDPR must give us a response if the can fix it or not.
And, hey, I don't want a fix before months....i want it now because i paid 50 eur now.

The framerate is reeeeeally bad. The game is really awesome, but the framerate pretty much don't allow me to play it.
I have no precision in combat, if I get any quest in some swamp I pretty much ignore it, it's SO lagged.

And, if it begins to rain in a city, it becomes almost unplayable.

It's a shame, really. I expected more from CDPR. :/

@ TRNow - What you fail to add is the rationale behind your sentiment.

In my own opinion I would say that it's due, in part, to the PC development process and its need to deliver a broken game to its customers constantly. This is then patched during the course of someone playing the game. I used to love console games because they worked. Now developers have adopted the PC developers approach to game development, i.e. release a game broken and provide post release patches.

Consoles have always been inferior technically to PC's, so I can't conceive that being the reason for your post.

If I wanted a PC I would have bought one. I just want games that work when they come out. Is it too much a request?

Last edited:
I agree 100% with you Valkyre4 . I already post in other threads talking about it and it´s very disappointing... I stop playing it in the 1st day...i stayed in White Orchard cause the camera movement is always stuttering when you look around specially when you look around slowly and simultaneously walking or riding.It´s unplayable like this. They need to fix this game on PS4.

Top Bottom