PS4: I wasn't gonna refund.. then your last "patch" happened...

+
If this is what I have looking forward too in patches for the PS4.. count me out...

In retrospect the game ran 10x better at release on the PS4 than it does now, and it looked twice as good... Slow loading, bugs, etc. of course.. but.. nothing good has changed...

* Graphics are way worse than release, and nothing has actually changed for the better in optimization and load times... (Even the menu still half loads sometimes)

* Same old bugs + new ones... Mini Map no longer updates its markers correctly like it did, phone calls duplicating over each other, sometimes up to 3 calls at the same time.. More holes in the map of failed loading of textures and meshes way more than release, and that's after the graphics were dropped severely...

* Still a load of game breaking bugs...

*Options Menu in-game.. yay they made it remember your choices... oh no... I can't actually back out of the menu anymore... meaning I have to reboot my game if I go into options... MAKING ME UNABLE TO EVEN CHANGE THEM AT ALL...... /facepalm

I'd literally want the option to roll back to the release version of 2077 for PS4... it was way better.... better looking, better optimized (lol I know), and less bugs...

iCake

Forum veteran
Not to sound like an asshole but It's not a patch, it's a hotfix. A real patch is scheduled to roll out on January. Same difference, you might say, but not really, proper patches enjoy way more testing before release.

As for CDPR patches, hotfixes, whatever introducing more bugs into the game, that's, unfortunately, nothing new. Back in the Witcher 3 days pretty much every patch came out with issues of its own. It wasn't until we hit like 1.12 that the game's technical foundation started to really come together. To be fair, not all but many patches for the Witcher 3 had something special to them, something that would go beyond a simple bug fix, there was a goodie or two in them, so new bugs were easy to "forgive" or overlook.

I suspect we'll see something similar with Cyberpunk 2077 here as well. The January and February patches will be more than just bug fixes, and the game will be better for it, but they'll introduce some new bugs of different, um, severity into the game as well.

In any case, I'm rambling and you sound pissed off. For what it is worth, I understand your feelings there.

If this is what I have looking forward too in patches for the PS4.. count me out...

In retrospect the game ran 10x better at release on the PS4 than it does now, and it looked twice as good... Slow loading, bugs, etc. of course.. but.. nothing good has changed...

* Graphics are way worse than release, and nothing has actually changed for the better in optimization and load times... (Even the menu still half loads sometimes)

* Same old bugs + new ones... Mini Map no longer updates its markers correctly like it did, phone calls duplicating over each other, sometimes up to 3 calls at the same time.. More holes in the map of failed loading of textures and meshes way more than release, and that's after the graphics were dropped severely...

*Options Menu in-game.. yay they made it remember your choices... oh no... I can't actually back out of the menu anymore... meaning I have to reboot my game if I go into options... MAKING ME UNABLE TO EVEN CHANGE THEM AT ALL...... /facepalm

I'd literally want the option to roll back to the release version of 2077 for PS4... it was way better.... better looking, better optimized (lol I know), and less bugs...

You do sound angry, mistress. Like to work it out?

Okay, totally going for the shocking and unexpected reply is funny reaction here so if I didn't make you at least smile, I apologize.

get a rtx3090, play it on PC, if you get the Gog version for PC you can download the offline installers, don't like a patch? just revert back and do a clean install.... stick with the base version 1.03 for the forseeable months...

iCake

Forum veteran
get a rtx3090, play it on PC, if you get the Gog version for PC you can download the offline installers, don't like a patch? just revert back and do a clean install.... stick with the base version 1.03 for the forseeable months...

You paying?:ohstopit:

Besides even if she were to pour a couple thousand bucks into a PC, I suspect things are a little more involved than that, the game would most likely not let you load a save made in a newer version of the game, so, barring the sheer expenses, that solution is kind of meh.

I'm sorry that the game is running poorly on your system.

But if you're willing to give CDPR some more time, I'm sure they'll get the game optimized for consoles. Right now their biggest priority is making the game run smoothly for all consoles. So I don't think you'll have to wait long.

Not to sound like the Debbie Downer here, but I have serious doubts this will ever be 'fixed' on last gen consoles. Personally I'd refund and buy it again in about 6-7 months on next gen. TW3 on last gen was a similar story. It took them months of patching to get it running right.

You should definitely get your money back while you can.
Once they have your money nothing tell us they are going to fix the game.

Playing with ps4 pro and I am glad that I did not update to 1.05.
Some texture bugs and rare crashes aside dont have any huge problems atm.

It's kinda weird, but after the hotfix, I had no real problems except one or two crashes. One real annoyance, however, is not being able to obtain the loot items after the game's ending. All rewards are gone.

You paying?:ohstopit:

Besides even if she were to pour a couple thousand bucks into a PC, I suspect things are a little more involved than that, the game would most likely not let you load a save made in a newer version of the game, so, barring the sheer expenses, that solution is kind of meh.

Yeah I went the 3090 route but telling that to someone is just trolling.
I would personaly say ask a refund from your console version and go for GeForce Now or Stadia.

If you've played the game all the way through I don't think you should be getting a refund tbf. A bit like buying a box of chocolates and leaving 10% left in the box and asking for money back.

If you've played the game all the way through I don't think you should be getting a refund tbf. A bit like buying a box of chocolates and leaving 10% left in the box and asking for money back.
But what if some chocolates where already missing and some of those chocolates not missing are disgusting or not even taste as they should ? :giveup:

@MistressAthena , are u using with PS4 Pro or PS4 Basis/Slim?
I heard PS4 Pro had small problems, because it has double perfomance more than PS4 Standard, which was technically unplayable at the release.

I'm trying to refund since before the hotfix, the game keeps crashing, the bugs are horrible, i'm not a graphics guys, i just like to play the game, but the crashes, the menus prites not loading, even after the hotfix. Maybe in the future this game could be better and worth buying it, but not for the price that i paid.

Its not only the old gen consoles the Ps5 is surprisingly lacking.I currently own both the Xbox Series X and Ps5 and hands down the Series X is way better experience in the quality department because the 4k HDR actually works.

Believe me i tried to adjust settings on the 5 look for reddit for help and guides and still it's lacking. Guess ill just wait for the next gen update the Ps5 desperately needs some love.

Top Bottom