PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
whew. so it's not just me. thanks for the fast replies guys. it got me worried that my PS4 disc drive is busted.

before anyone else reacts, yes, i installed another heavy game with its physical copy (RE Village) and it installed fine.

Same here. After installing update 1.51 on my ps4 pro, I get the message that the game file is corrupted. I already deleted the file and reinstalled, deleted my saves and recreated the ps4 database through safe mode, but the problem persists..

I was so excited to play after the update! Guess I will have to wait a little longer. Hope they fix it soon. I can't play at all now.

I myself find this very unacceptable. Those people should've test this before releasing it to the masses.

It's just not right. For the time being there is not even an official statement explaining what is going on and when this will be fixed, on top of that I have totally unplayable game.

New to these forums so cannot start a new thread. This was the closest I could find, so just gonna blurt it out here:

I own the PS4 disk version of this and I (only) have a PS5. Been fiddling and downloading and updating, but the result is always the same. The game is shown as v1.51 PS4 version. No option to "upgrade" or "select version" to the PS5 version. Graphics options also are lacking the Performance and Raytracing modes.

It was my understanding that purchasing the PS4 disk version would qualify for a free update to nextgen. Am I missing a step here? Because currently I am only getting the PS4 version in compatibility mode.

Steps done so far:
- Update existing installation to v1.51
- Complete uninstall and reinstall from disks
- Downloaded the PS5 trial version from PSN
- Watching the sloooow PSN download progress bar for nearly four hours

I got the same problem, own the ps4 physical version, but dont see the ps5 download option only a buy option? Even i put the 2 discs in..

Having the same problem :(
So is this the solution for this problem? but how to do it then? simply change the playstation system language? And does it need to be before the download? I'm midway the second download on a very slow internet :/
This is not the solution actually, it seems the recent update is the issue. it might be some error on the code so we'll have to wait for a hotfix. it won't take long i guess.

New to these forums so cannot start a new thread. This was the closest I could find, so just gonna blurt it out here:

I own the PS4 disk version of this and I (only) have a PS5. Been fiddling and downloading and updating, but the result is always the same. The game is shown as v1.51 PS4 version. No option to "upgrade" or "select version" to the PS5 version. Graphics options also are lacking the Performance and Raytracing modes.

It was my understanding that purchasing the PS4 disk version would qualify for a free update to nextgen. Am I missing a step here? Because currently I am only getting the PS4 version in compatibility mode.

Steps done so far:
- Update existing installation to v1.51
- Complete uninstall and reinstall from disks
- Downloaded the PS5 trial version from PSN
- Watching the sloooow PSN download progress bar for nearly four hours
It was confirmed on the stream that the PS5 version is a distinct version of the game, so you have to download it from scratch. It does NOT function as an update of the existing PS4 version. I'm not quite clear from what you've written whether you've tried that, so just in case...

Top Bottom